< Nahuatl Huītzilōpōchtli, equivalent to huītzil(in) hummingbird + ōpōchtli left-hand side (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Uitzilopochtli
- the Aztec god of war and of the sun.
Example sentences for Uitzilopochtli
- Quetzalcoatl, born of a virgin; Uitzilopochtli (ball of feathers falls from heaven into his mother's breast).
- To sum up: Uitzilopochtli was a derivative form or determination of the Sun, and specifically of the Sun of the fair season.
- And this is why Tezcatlipoca, the god of the cold and dry season, rather than Uitzilopochtli, is his personal enemy.
- Uitzilopochtli signifies Humming-bird to the left, from Uizilin (Humming-bird), and opochtli (to the left).
- He must disappear and die with the god whom he represented, who must now make way for Uitzilopochtli.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project