First recorded in 1935–40; Ugarit + -ic (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Ugaritic
- of or relating to Ugarit, its people, or their language.
- of or relating to this language
- Also U·ga·ri·tian [oo-guh-rish-uhn, yoo-]. /ˌu gəˈrɪʃ ən, ˌyu-/. the Semitic language of the Ugaritic people, related to Hebrew and Phoenician and written in a cuneiform alphabet having 30 characters.
- an extinct Semitic language of N Syria
- Relating to or characteristic of the ancient port and Bronze Age trading city of Ugarit in Northern Syria, its inhabitants, or the language spoken there.
- A native or inhabitant of the ancient port and Bronze Age trading city of Ugarit in Northern Syria.
- : the Semitic language of ancient Ugarit closely related to Phoenician and Hebrew
- : of, relating to, or characteristic of the ancient city of Ugarit, its inhabitants, or Ugaritic
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project