First recorded in 1825–35; table + ware1 (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Tableware
- the dishes, utensils, etc., used at the table.
- articles such as dishes, plates, knives, forks, etc, used at meals
- Crockery, cutlery, and glassware used for serving and eating meals at a table.
- : utensils (as of china, glass, or silver) for table use
Example sentences for Tableware
- In the arts, silver is employed chiefly in the making of articles of luxury, such as jewelry and tableware.
- Of the other articles sometimes reckoned as furniture, the tableware and kitchen utensils, some account will be given elsewhere.
- It needs gifts of bedding, tableware for the halls, and clothing for needy students.
- And you'll be welcome to use our tableware and kitchen utensils.
- Furniture was plain and none too plentiful; and glassware and tableware were of an inferior grade.
Related words & Synonyms
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project