First recorded in 1800–10; table + top1 (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Tabletop
- a surface forming or suggesting the top of a table.
- a photograph of an arrangement of objects on top of a table.
- intended for use on the top of a table or the like.
- noting or relating to an arrangement of objects, especially miniatures or models, as would be appropriate to the top of a table.
- noting or relating to a type of game that requires the physical presence of players and the manipulation of game pieces, as board games and some card games or role-playing games but not video games.
- The horizontal top part of a table.
- : the top of a table
- : a photograph of small objects or a miniature scene arranged on a table
Example sentences for Tabletop
- A tabletop bronze of a boy pulling a thorn from his foot, made around 1500 by the Renaissance sculptor known as Antico.
- The flavors of pates and juicy chicken and beef adorned our tabletop.
- In the room three officers of Denisov's band were converting a door into a tabletop.
- I then removed the legs from the tabletop, leaving just it and the beams together, the carpet being attached to the beams.
- The rapping of his knuckled fist on the tabletop alongside him broke in sharply on the clamour.
- He leaned forward and fixed the tabletop with a piscine stare.
- The tabletop was strewn with pens and open rolls of parchment.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project