First recorded in 1765–75; tablespoon + -ful (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Tablespoonful
- the amount a tablespoon can hold.
- a volumetric measure equal to ½ fluid ounce (14.8 ml), or three teaspoonfuls. Abbreviation: T., tbs., tbsp.
- : enough to fill a tablespoon
- : tablespoon sense 2
Example sentences for Tablespoonful
- Add gradually while stirring constantly, one-half cupful of milk and one well beaten egg and one tablespoonful of olive oil.
- In cases of heartburn, take small drinks of hot water, say a tablespoonful every five minutes.
- Cream one tablespoonful butter from which the salt has been washed.
- Add to the liquor two cupfuls of boiling water, a tablespoonful of butter, and salt and pepper to season.
- Heat a pint of water, and when boiling, thicken with a tablespoonful of cornstarch.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project