First recorded in 1690–1700; table + -land (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Tableland
- an elevated and generally level region of considerable extent; plateau.
- flat elevated land; a plateau
- A broad, high level region; a plateau.
- : a broad level elevated area : plateau
Example sentences for Tableland
- After going over this tableland for about twelve miles, we again came down to the river, through a steep and sandy ravine.
- One set of tracks leads to the west, toward the Pacific coast, the other set to the north, toward the Bolivian tableland.
- However, the whole of the surface of the tableland cannot be used permanently, or during the entire summer.
- The Salta line was continued in 1908 to the Bolivian tableland.
- Hu Dra had disappeared from the tableland as suddenly but not as' tracklessly as a phantom.
Related words & Synonyms
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project