First recorded in 1525–35; table + -ful (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Tableful
- the number of persons that can be seated at a table.
- the amount of food, dishes, etc., that a table can hold.
- : as much or as many as a table can hold or accommodate
Example sentences for Tableful
- There's a tableful over there--go and take your pick of it, unless, of course, you've got some special subject.
- In contrast to these good choquettes is this tableful of bad choquettes.
- By midnight, Tom was singing Christmas carols, in advance of the season, with a tableful of Texans.
- Young Thomas Kehoe nearly bit the doctor's thumb in two after kicking over a tableful of instruments.
- But I suppose this pessimistic view is natural if you eat three meals a day with a tableful of melancholics.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project