1250–1300; (noun) Middle English < Old French tab(o)ur; see tambour; (v.) Middle English tabouren, derivative of the noun or < Old French taborer, derivative of tab(o)ur (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Tabering
- a small drum formerly used to accompany oneself on a pipe or fife.
- Mount Tabor a mountain in N Israel, near Nazareth: traditionally regarded as the mountain where the Transfiguration took place. Height: 588 m (1929 ft)
- music a small drum used esp in the Middle Ages, struck with one hand while the other held a three-holed pipeSee pipe 1 (def. 7)
verb (used without object)
- to play upon or as if upon a tabor; drum.
verb (used with object)
- to strike or beat, as on a tabor.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project