1350–1400; Middle English < Latin synodus < Greek sýnodos meeting, equivalent to syn- syn- + (h)odós way (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Synodal
- an assembly of ecclesiastics or other church delegates, convoked pursuant to the law of the church, for the discussion and decision of ecclesiastical affairs; ecclesiastical council.
- any council.
- a local or special ecclesiastical council, esp of a diocese, formally convened to discuss ecclesiastical affairs
- Relating to a synod.
- : an ecclesiastical governing or advisory council: such as
- : an assembly of bishops in the Roman Catholic Church
- : the governing assembly of an Episcopal province
- : a Presbyterian governing body ranking between the presbytery and the general assembly
- : a regional or national organization of Lutheran congregations
- : the ecclesiastical district governed by a synod
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project