Definitions of Sungkiang
- Older Spelling. Songjiang.
- a former province of NE China: now part of the Inner Mongolian Autonomous Region
Example sentences for Sungkiang
- Ward did not rest long from his campaigns, however, for we find that he was soon besieged in the city of Sungkiang with a few men.
- The rebels were the aggressors, and ten miles of Ward's retreat upon Sungkiang saw fighting every inch of the way.
- On his return to Sungkiang, Major Gordon devoted himself to the thorough reorganisation of his force.
- The letter was written on 24th March 1863, the day before he rode over to Sungkiang to take up his command.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project