Definitions of Rockhopper
- a small penguin, Eudyptes crestatus, of Antarctica, the Falkland Islands, and New Zealand, with a yellow crest on each side of its head
- Australian informal a fisherman who fishes from the rocks on the sea coast
- A small penguin with a yellowish crest, breeding on subantarctic coastal cliffs which it ascends by hopping from rock to rock.
- : a small penguin (Eudyptes chrysocome) with a short thick bill and a yellow crest
Example sentences for Rockhopper
- Hamilton was busy, about this time, dredging in swamp pools and securing specimens of the rockhopper or gentoo penguin.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project