An Americanism dating back to 1855–60; rim + rock1 (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Rimrock
- rock forming the natural boundary of a plateau or other rise.
- bedrock forming the natural boundary of a placer or of a gravel deposit.
- rock forming the boundaries of a sandy or gravelly alluvial deposit
- An outcrop of resistant rock forming a margin to a gravel deposit, especially one forming a cliff at the edge of a plateau.
- : a top stratum or overlying strata of resistant rock of a plateau that outcrops to form a vertical face
- : the edge or face of a rimrock outcrop
Example sentences for Rimrock
- On either side were brownish red jagged peaks and rimrock faces, specked with snow.
- The rimrock and the gravels above and below it constitute the Rattlesnake Formation.
- We followed along the ledge around the rimrock until we came to a little pass through.
- One after another they leaped over the edge of the rimrock until most of the flock was destroyed.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project