1640–50; Latin praecoci-, stem of praecox (see precocity) + -ous (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Precociously
- unusually advanced or mature in development, especially mental development:
- prematurely developed, as the mind, faculties, etc.
- of or relating to premature development.
- Botany. flowering, fruiting, or ripening early, as plants or fruit. bearing blossoms before leaves, as plants. appearing before leaves, as flowers.
- ahead in development, such as the mental development of a child
- botany (of plants, fruit, etc) flowering or ripening early
- Showing unusually early development or maturity.
- : exceptionally early in development or occurrence precocious puberty
- : exhibiting mature qualities at an unusually early age a precocious child
Example sentences for Precociously
- They have matured (have adapted to environment, that is) precociously.
- "If Granny Simmons were here she'd say you had the fidgets," remarked Joan precociously.
- He nibbled at various books and was precociously brilliant in Latin.
- They will discover which girls are cold and indifferent, and which are precociously erotic.
- Looks often belie the true condition underneath, returned Polly, precociously.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project