First recorded in 1930–35; pre- + clinical (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Preclinical
- of or relating to the period prior to the appearance of the symptoms.
- of, relating to, or occurring during the early phases of a disease before accurate diagnosis is possible
- of, relating to, or designating an early period of scientific study by a medical student before practical experience with patients
- Of or relating to the period of a disease before the appearance of symptoms.
- Of or being a period in medical education before the student is involved with patients and clinical work.
- Relating to or denoting the first, chiefly theoretical, stage of a medical education.
- Relating to or denoting the stage in a disease prior to the appearance of symptoms that make a diagnosis possible.
- Relating to or denoting the stage of drug testing that precedes the clinical stage.
- : of, relating to, or concerned with the period preceding clinical manifestations
- : of, relating to, or being the period in medical or dental education preceding the clinical study of medicine or dentistry
- : occurring prior to clinical testing a preclinical animal study of a new therapy
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project