Definitions of Plugger
- a person or thing that plugs.
- any of various machines or tools that insert, remove, or manipulate plugs or pluglike materials, as a dental instrument used to pack and mold the filling in a tooth cavity.
- A dental instrument used for condensing material in a cavity.packer
- : a piece used to fill a hole : stopper
- : an obtruding or obstructing mass of material resembling a stopper
- : a flat compressed cake of tobacco
- : a small core or segment removed from a larger object
- : something inferior
- : hydrant, fireplug
- : spark plug
- : an artificial fishing lure used primarily for casting and made with one or more sets of gang hooks
- : any of various devices resembling or functioning like a plug: such as
- : a male fitting for making an electrical connection to a live circuit by insertion in a receptacle (such as an outlet)
- : a device for connecting electric wires to a jack
- : a piece of favorable publicity or a favorable mention usually incorporated in general matter
- : to stop, make tight, or secure by inserting a plug
- : to remedy (a deficiency) as if by inserting a plug trying to plug the gaps in their understanding
- : to hit with a bullet : shoot
- : to advertise or publicize insistently
- : to become plugged —usually used with up
- : to work doggedly and persistently plugged away at her homework
- : to fire shots
- : to connect or become connected to by or as if by means of a plug the city was plugged into the new highway system
- : to load into as if by means of a plug plugged the data into a computer
Example sentences for Plugger
- Teague replied: “I have to allow an operator or plugger a way to appeal when he believes our requirements are unreasonable.”
- The idea that a rope could be fed into a cavity with a plugger faster and easier than a tape has long ago been disproved.
- The quitter can't survive where the plugger has the ghost of a chance.
- Hellman tried to run around, but the Plugger had spread, cutting the room in half.
- If the gold does not stick directly, put in more cylinders with the plugger, and recommence the condensation with the burnisher.
- The Plugger poured merrily through the blasted lock, into the room.
Related words & Synonyms
plugged in, be
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project