1665–75; < New Latin phīmōsis < Greek phīmṓsis literally, a muzzling, equivalent to phīmō-, verbid stem of phīmoûn to muzzle + -sis -sis (Source: dictionary.com)
Late 17th century modern Latin, from Greek, literally ‘muzzling’. (Source: lexico.com)
Definitions of Phimosis
- constriction of the orifice of the prepuce so as to prevent the foreskin from being drawn back to uncover the glans penis.
- a similar condition involving the clitoris.
- narrowness of the vagina.
- abnormal tightness of the foreskin, preventing its being retracted over the tip of the penis
- An abnormal constriction of the foreskin that prevents it from being drawn back to uncover the glans penis.
- A congenital narrowing of the opening of the foreskin so that it cannot be retracted.
Example sentences for Phimosis
- Phimosis is an ancient attendant on our inheritance of the prepuce, we being, in fact, born with it; this is the rule.
- Another co-existing condition with phimosis, very often found, is a shortening of the frenum.
- It is said to be caused by phimosis, and to be cured by circumcision.
- Soft sores are often complicated by phimosis and balanitis, and they frequently lead to infection of the glands in the groin.
- Phimosis, or narrowness of the opening of the prepuce is nearly always of embryonic origin.
philosophy of life
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project