1600–10; < Latin: love philter < Greek phíltron love philter, dimple in upper lip. See phil-, -tron (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Philtra
- Anatomy. the vertical groove on the surface of the upper lip, below the septum of the nose.
- a philter.
- the indentation above the upper lip
- The vertical indentation in the midline of the upper lip.infranasal depression
Example sentences for Philtra
- The rich Philtra now forsook Bracidas for the richer brother, and Lucy, seeing herself forsaken, jumped into the sea.
- Amidas and Philtra claimed the chest as their right, and the dispute was submitted to sir Ar'tegal.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project