First recorded in 1875–80; pepsin + -o- + -gen (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Pepsinogen
- crystals, occurring in the gastric glands, that during digestion are converted into pepsin.
- the inactive precursor of pepsin produced by the stomach
- The inactive precursor to pepsin, formed in the chief cells of the mucous membrane of the stomach and converted to pepsin by hydrochloric acid during digestion.propepsin
- A substance which is secreted by the stomach wall and converted into the enzyme pepsin by gastric acid.
- : a granular zymogen of the gastric glands that is readily converted into pepsin in a slightly acid medium
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project