First recorded in 1690–1700; pamphlet + -eer (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Pamphleteer
- a writer or publisher of pamphlets, especially on controversial issues.
- a person who writes or issues pamphlets, esp of a controversial nature
verb (used without object)
- to write and issue pamphlets.
- (intr) to write or issue pamphlets
- A writer of pamphlets, especially ones of a political and controversial nature.
- Write and issue political or controversial pamphlets.
- : a writer of pamphlets attacking something or urging a cause
- : to write and publish pamphlets
- : to engage in partisan arguments indirectly in writings
Example sentences for Pamphleteer
- My mother was a pamphleteer by temperament, and she knew that sedition and controversy are fired by printed matter.
- A miser, or a pamphleteer at strife with the world at large, must surely have invented these fortifications.
- In fact, he was not so much a journalist, in the proper meaning of that term, as a pamphleteer or writer of leading articles.
- There is for him as novelist or pamphleteer no principle but expediency, no rule of conduct but temporal advantage.
- He also wrote much for the Government, his pungent and persuasive style fitting him for the career of a pamphleteer.
- The spectre of the great Douglas Trial loomed large in the eyes of the pamphleteer and the hero of the riot.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project