Definitions of Kassala
- a city in the E Sudan, near Eritrea.
- a city in the E Sudan: founded as a fort by the Egyptians in 1834. Pop: 430 000 (2005 est)
- city in eastern Sudan near the border with Eritrea population 298,500
Example sentences for Kassala
- For two minutes Mr. Kassala paused in a state of indecision.
- Even after Kassala had passed into their hands, the Italians had anything but a happy time there.
- The population of Kassala, Galabat, and Gedaref had dwindled almost to nothing.
- This was duly opened, and Mr. Kassala had then the pleasure of inspecting the crozier presented by the ladies of the county.
- The Khalifa's suspicions had been verified, and Kassala, after a short fight, had been captured by the Italians.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project