First recorded in 1660–70; ir-1 + radiance (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Irradiance
- incident flux of radiant energy per unit area.
- the radiant flux incident on unit area of a surface. It is measured in watts per square metreSymbol: E e Also called: irradiation Compare illuminance
- The flux of radiant energy per unit area (normal to the direction of flow of radiant energy through a medium).
- The fact of shining brightly.
- : radiance sense 1
- : the density of radiation incident on a given surface usually expressed in watts per square centimeter or square meter
Example sentences for Irradiance
- Their irradiance was greenish, like the walls; but I was certain that these corpuscles did not come from them.
- The irradiance, almost as strong as daylight, but radically different, softened all surrounding objects.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project