late Middle English word dating back to 1375–1425; see origin at iron, work (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Ironwork
- work in iron.
- objects or parts of objects made of
- work done in iron, esp decorative work
- the craft or practice of working in iron
- Articles or parts made of iron.
- : work in iron
- : a mill or building where iron or steel is smelted or heavy iron or steel products are made
Example sentences for Ironwork
- A line of railings, covered with ironwork of a florid and intricate pattern, but greatly decayed, shut it off from the roadway.
- The steamer Grahame was built at Chipewyan of whipsawn lumber, and much of her steel and ironwork was wrought on Wyllie's forge.
- The most unreliable portion of a yacht's rigging is the ironwork.
- Straggling grasses have outlined the flagstones of the steps with green; the ironwork is rusty.
- George rose, and walking to the mantel-piece, looked down at the hearth and tapped the ironwork with his foot.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project