late Middle English word dating back to 1400–50; see origin at iron, ware1 (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Ironware
- articles of iron, as pots, kettles, or tools; hardware.
- domestic articles made of iron
- Articles made of iron, typically domestic implements.
- : articles made of iron
Example sentences for Ironware
- The manufactures include linen, lace, woollens, brassware and ironware.
- The manufactures are Prussian blue, hosiery, ironware, and leather.
- The ironware made a crash that could be heard all through the mansion.
- In another corner, some rude shelves were placed, upon which appeared a few articles of tin and ironware.
- It was quite dark and they stumbled over some ironware and crocks.
Related words & Synonyms
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project