1655–65; < Latin inflex(us), past participle of inflectere to bend in (see inflect) + -ed2 (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Inflexed
- inflected; bent or folded downward or inward:
- biology curved or bent inwards and downwards towards the axisinflexed leaves
- Bent or curved inwards.
- : bent or turned abruptly inward or downward or toward the axis inflexed petals
Example sentences for Inflexed
- He was soon within the sac, and the inflexed wings of the margin had closed above him, as shown in section, Fig. 17.
- This seems to obtain particularly in Coleoptera; but in some, as Mylabris, it is inflexed, forming an acute angle with it.
- Pileoli innumerable, inflexed and appressed, plicate, brown.
- As with the other members of this genus, the petals have an inflexed lip.
- Stamens 5, included; filaments slender; anthers arrow-shaped, with an inflexed tip.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project