First recorded in 1500–10; im-2 + palpable (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Impalpability
- not palpable; incapable of being perceived by the sense of touch; intangible.
- difficult for the mind to grasp readily or easily:
- (of powder) so fine that when rubbed between the fingers no grit is felt.
- imperceptible, esp to the touchimpalpable shadows
- difficult to understand; abstruse
- : incapable of being felt by touch : intangible the impalpable aura of power that emanated from him— Osbert Sitwell
- : so finely divided that no grains or grit can be felt rock worn to an impalpable powder
- : not readily discerned by the mind impalpable evils
Example sentences for Impalpability
- One who has faded into impalpability through death, through absence, through change of manners.
- The spirit finds Dante alive in the flesh and he in turn on account of the impalpability of the shade clasps only empty air.
- To-day, penetrated with the power and impalpability of the spirit, we have lost faith in the arm of flesh.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project