1935–40; elast(ic) + -o- + Greek méros a part (Source: dictionary.com)
1930s from elastic+ -mer. (Source: lexico.com)
Definitions of Elastomer
- an elastic substance occurring naturally, as natural rubber, or produced synthetically, as butyl rubber or neoprene.
- any material, such as natural or synthetic rubber, that is able to resume its original shape when a deforming force is removed
- A natural or synthetic polymer having elastic properties, e.g. rubber.
- : any of various elastic substances resembling rubber polyvinyl elastomers
Example sentences for Elastomer
- The bullets come out of the elastomer sleeve for further cleaning and battery replacement.
elastosis colloidalis conglomerata
elastosis perforans serpiginosa
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project