First recorded in 1870–75; elast(ic) + -in2 (Source: dictionary.com)
Late 19th century from elastic+ -in. (Source: lexico.com)
Definitions of Elastin
- a protein constituting the basic substance of elastic tissue.
- biochem a fibrous scleroprotein constituting the major part of elastic tissue, such as the walls of arteries
- An elastic, fibrous mucoprotein, similar to collagen, and the major connective tissue protein of elastic fibers.elasticin
- A protein forming the main constituent of elastic connective tissue, found especially in the dermis of the skin.
- : a protein that is similar to collagen and is the chief constituent of elastic fibers
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project