First recorded in 1745–55; disgust + -ing2 (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Disgustingly
- causing disgust; offensive to the physical, moral, or aesthetic taste.
- loathsome; repugnantAlso (rare): disgustful
- : causing a strong feeling of dislike or disinclination : causing disgust the food was disgusting a disgusting magazine a disgusting way to treat people
Example sentences for Disgustingly
- Hamas called the attack “heroic” and, disgustingly, tweeted out photos of the bodies.
- Men courted her still, slyly and disgustingly, but she felt herself insulted by the adventure, degraded by the implications.
- To himself he styled him "a beastly fellow, a lying braggart, a disgustingly vulgar ill-bred rascal."
- Moreover, the whole universe appeared to be so disgustingly cheerful that the contrast was well nigh unbearable.
- On the way back to town I decided that she (Aunt I mean) was right—relations are disgustingly ungrateful.
- I must have kicked the old darkey Don pretty hard; he had disgustingly slept through it all.
Related words & Synonyms
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project