Mid 16th century (in the sense ‘hard as diamond’): from French diamantin, from diamant ‘diamond’. (Source: lexico.com)
Definitions of Diamantine
- of or resembling diamonds
- Made from or reminiscent of diamonds.
- : consisting of or resembling diamond
Example sentences for Diamantine
- The screw is placed in the ordinary polishing triangle and the flat face at a polished on a tin lap with diamantine and oil.
- The polishing is effected by means of diamantine and alcohol.
- Ludwig slashes à la Nietzsche, though he cannot boast that poet's diamantine style.
- The final polish can soon be imparted by means of a small boxwood slip, or flattened peg-wood, and diamantine and alcohol.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project