Definitions of Descensus
- The process of descending or falling from a higher position.
Example sentences for Descensus
- Aeneas passes by the descensus Averni per tacitum nemus to the lugentes campi.
- Descend the river, keeping constantly to the left; consult the papyrus; and stop at the Descensus Aesopi.
- The descensus was easy, but Mrs. Abbott's warm welcome and hot dinner suggested an avernus only by blissful contrast.
- A copy of that prelate's works is in the Bodleian Library, and contains the Descensus.
- But he could not foretell that the descensus Averni would be so alarmingly rapid.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project