From the Latin word convulsīvus, dating back to 1605–15. See convulse, -ive (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Convulsively
- of the nature of or characterized by convulsions or spasms.
- producing or accompanied by
- Characterized by or having the nature of convulsions.
- Having or producing convulsions.
- : constituting or producing a convulsion
- : caused by or affected with convulsions
- : resembling a convulsion in being violent, sudden, frantic, or spasmodic convulsive laughter
Example sentences for Convulsively
- I looked at his face, flushed crimson, and convulsively working, and felt very sorry for him at that instant especially.
- Mrs. Lynne's breath was coming thick and fast; her pale eyes scintillated; her hands were clinching each other convulsively.
- Love wrapped in shadow—bending with tear-filled eyes above its dead, convulsively clasps the outstretched hand of hope.
- When he saw Natasha he waved his arms despairingly and burst into convulsively painful sobs that distorted his soft round face.
- Dil kissed her convulsively, and cried over the shining golden head.
Related words & Synonyms
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project