First recorded in 1735–45; convulsion + -ary (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Convulsionary
- of or affected with convulsion.
- a person who has convulsions, especially as a result of religious experience.
- : an abnormal violent and involuntary contraction or series of contractions of the muscles
- : seizure sense 2a
- : a violent disturbance
- : an uncontrolled fit : paroxysm
Example sentences for Convulsionary
- He was a convulsionary, and his head would be found wedged into tight places whence it could hardly be extracted.
- Formerly rude and convulsionary forces were actively at work, to compel chaos into anarchy and anarchy into order.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project