1275–1325; Middle English arerage < Old French. See arrear, -age (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Arrearage
- the state or condition of being in arrears.
- Often arrearages. arrears; amount or amounts overdue.
- Archaic. a thing or part kept in reserve.
- An amount of money that is owed and should have been paid earlier.
- : the condition of being in arrears
- : something that is in arrears
Example sentences for Arrearage
- Resolved, That the landlord of the Club room whistle for the arrearage of rent.
Related words & Synonyms
arrest of judgment
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project