First recorded in 1780–90; apple + cart (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Applecart
- a pushcart used by a vendor of apples.
- a cart or barrow from which apples and other fruit are sold in the street
- upset the applecart to spoil plans or arrangements
- : a plan, system, situation, or undertaking that may be disrupted or terminated upset the applecart
Example sentences for Applecart
- Without you I can't do anything but kick over the applecart for Whit Monk; and that sort of revenge is mighty unsatisfactory.
- And those confounded people must go and upset the applecart.
- To anyone who has tho slightest acquaintance with Applecart the very idea of a platform is fantastic.
apples and oranges
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project