Definitions of Appleby
- a town in NW England, in Cumbria: famous for its annual horse fair. Pop: 2862 (2001)
Example sentences for Appleby
- It is fortunate I have some qualification for my profession, and its about the only one, said Appleby dryly.
- I have seen you comparatively thankful to get one, said Appleby.
- Appleby rose, and there was a suggestion of resolute alertness in his attitude, though his head was bent.
- Maccario appeared thoughtful, but Appleby said, You had a pass?
- Appleby turned from him with a little gesture of disgust, and Maccario, who shrugged his shoulders, went away again.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project