Definitions of Aalesund
- a seaport in W Norway.
- a variant spelling of Ålesund
- a port and market town in W Norway, on an island between Bergen and Trondheim: fishing and sealing fleets. Pop: 40 001 (2004 est)
Example sentences for Aalesund
- The remains of the great Vikings castle are still shown at Aalesund, in Norway.
- The remains of the great Viking's castle are still shown at Aalesund, in Norway.
- Not far from Aalesund was the castle of Rollo, the conqueror of Normandy.
- Aalesund is another island port, smaller than Christiansund, but full as picturesque.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project