Posted at 10.27.2018
Crime rates Sri Lanka is prolonged to grow such as a communal melanoma since 1944. New methods are required in order for taking decisions regarding a crime. In this occasion, the courtroom of law takes assistance of criminology. Main the different parts of the criminology are zoology, chemistry, physics, computer science, statistics, and mathematics. The administrative centre consequence is not reopened with individuals rights point of view. Unfortunately nowadays we discover that the crimes are so common occurrence in our country. Criminals search for numerous ways to be able to commit crimes with the use of progress of the technology. All offense searching mechanisms of your country should be altered with the modern high technology methods to be able to curb crimes. Not merely the policies of an country, but also techniques which we use to prevent crimes contribute to the increase of the offense rates.
2 Being a democratic country, we do not practice capital abuse regarding offenders. The rate of offences could be reduced certain magnitude using the new technology. More over poverty contributes to increase the criminal offenses rate of your country.
3. Most of crimes are not reported or not registered, not adopted through, or not able to be proven. Every crime violates regulations, whilst every violation of regulations does not matter as a criminal offenses. For example: breaches of contact are ranked as offence under the civil regulation, but it is not regarded as a criminal offense.
4. The purpose of this paper is to examine the utilization of technology to curb crimes and also to maintain the laws and order in Sri Lanka.
5. The idea of crime originated from renowned or mythology. Some religious communities consider crime as a "sin". Good spiritual preaching's had pointed out the consequences of committing offences in historical literature. Searching criminals and punishing them is a judiciary process in order to reduce the criminal offenses rate of an country or a society. Further the Division of Police force has responsibility to send offenders to the courts. The father of the criminology is considered as professor Edmond Lokard. He made a famous declaring that every touch makes substances.
6. Sri Lanka applied a courtroom system for criminals in the annals called "Raja Sabha" and it was an proof based strategy which have been used to identify the criminals. Presently Sri Lanka use modern technology to detect offences to a certain degree.
REASONS FOR CRIMES
7. Essentially crimes in our country are taken place because of pursuing reasons. Some of these reasons could be controlled with using modern tools for a certain degree. Those reasons are the following:
a. Poverty of the united states.
b. Morale ideals.
c. Education of the individuals.
d. Religious motivation.
e. Public problems.
f. People perception.
g. Gun culture.
h. Drugs use/drugs trafficking/illicit drugs.
i. Degrading minorities.
PRESENT Method ON CRIMES IN SRI LANKA
8. Crime can be grouped into categories the following:
a. Offences against property.
b. Crimes against General public order.
c. Offences in form of violent.
9. Mainly law enforcement officials handle offences. When you can find requirement of using technology, the authorities make use the police officers who are well trained on criminal investigation. these officials are called Landscape of Crime Officials (SOCO). Once after retrieve any crime, the authorities produced relevant suspect or suspects in front of the courts. If not, the police carry out investigation on the order of the courtroom.
10. Magistrate's court docket or a higher Court is having key jurisdiction in the conditions of crimes. The respective legal domains are given by the Code of Lawbreaker Procedure.
REQUIREMENT OF TECHNOLOGY IN Offences DETECTION
11. Ordinary people commit crimes normally. Legal personals and law enforcement personal who are been trained in handling crimes could also commit crimes. Then the detection of offences is difficult.
12. Currently the advance technologies are used for offences. Therefore, detection of crimes is not easy task like the historical era.
13. Sri Lanka being truly a under-developed country the techniques used for criminal offenses prevention is within an infant age group. Sri Lankan Offense statistics implies that most of offences are pending on investigation providing us some idea about the inspection system of our country. Most of occasion's technological failure paved method for the pending investigations. As illustrations following statistics relevant to the grave offences indicate that we are to go for new technology:
Total no of grave crimes
Pending on investigation
(Source: INTERNET SITE Department of Law enforcement officials, Sri Lanka)
14. Since we confronted 30 years war in recent times, almost all of people are trained on managing weapons. Some weapons may be continued to be in underground. There could be so many explosives and weapons which have not been discovered by security causes. Though it is not imminent but some time later on, there is a trend to increase crimes in account of these concealed items.
. 15. There were instances where many people tried to print out money with common use of computer technology. With all the available internet facilities, many people try to get knowledge for crimes. Some people may maintain associates with international terrorists teams and criminals using intent facilities and other open public communication systems.
16. Standard use of mobile phone also may be contributed for organized offences. It is provided connection among criminals or legal organizations. With commercial target anybody is allowed to get mobile connection without revealing so many personal particulars. Some body might use this easiness of mobile connection to achieve criminal objectives. Intelligence sources are destined with the prevailing law to do their procedure freely. However when we are using modern technology to show these it is very much speed as well as useful and effective.
17. . Over the last three decades of war in Sri Lanka, when armed forces makes achieved some gains in north, the consequences were in Colombo. Colombo is the economical hub of Sri Lanka. Any terrorists or any offender can make grave losses to the current economic climate of Sri Lanka if he or she targets on economical susceptible places in Colombo. Some time it was unveiled that LTTE carders used countrywide identity greeting card with a Muslim name. With using those identity cards they managed to come to Colombo.
18. Banking institutions and other financial institution inside our country give chance for anyone to open bank-account in their finance institutions. Bare minimum attention is given to the circulation of money in the consideration. Criminals can operate somewhere but handler of the criminals may maintain someplace. Even in the Minister Jeyaraj Fernandopulle's circumstance: it was disclosed that the lawbreaker had another individuality cards with a Tamil name which he had use to open up a bank-account to assist in his bills.
19. Our security pushes ways of searching people and questioning people aren't yet improved. It requires adjustment with new technology. Old searching methods of individuals are not suit for today's requirements. For example: the Minister Jeyaraj Fernandopulle's case, the police caught a Tamil woman for questioning about the handler and the suicide bomber and she devoted suicide by swallowing a cyanide capsule whilst in guardianship. In this instance, police discovered that the capsule have been covered inside her vagina to avoid detection.
20. There were some abnormal conditions where daddy raped his princess or grandfather raped her innocent granddaughter. Since society is a great deal cruel there should be effective way to recognize those offenders taking away there voluble drape like "father or grandfather".
TECHNOLOGY IN PRESENT FOR Recognition OF CRIMES
21. Present technology to find crimes can be considered as a guide for Sri Lanka crime reduction technology. During last humanitarian battle period, the Terrorist Analysis Section (TID) and the CID of the Sri Lanka Police, could actually detect many superior communication equipment of the LTTE and also have arrested many LTTE cadres functioning in Colombo with using modern tools. This paved just how for Colombo to be relatively free from incidents.
22. Any unlawful from center area of the country may rape an innocent gal in south or north. He might escape without offering any information. But since DNA technology is utilized it is straightforward to get the suspect. But there's a problem with the cost of DNA research.
23. To guage the time of any murder, studies are conducted on skulk of an human body if not any other parts. It is sometimes help to identify criminals.
24. As technology goes on to build up, the accuracy of information is increased. In August 2000 the accuracy and reliability of GPS impulses was within 2 meters. We are able to use this technology for criminal offense prevention.
25. Our precautionary measures involve a rise in standard local intelligence. Understanding of terrorist functions escalates the ability to prevent terror episodes effectively.
26. If suspect persons' any cell of body excluding blood vessels is continued to be as evidence, hereditary code is to be analyzed. It might be his strait of locks, any small cell of your body. In case there is a rape, criminals can be found with pursuing:
a. Trees and dirt of the place where the rape was occurred.
b. Some patches occurred when trying to escape.
c. Any strings of locks of the offender,
d. Sperm of the offender.
e. Suspected person's cloths.
f. Any small incidents through the rape.
27. Observation of the area of Crime. Pursuing new technology are being used in a location of criminal offenses.
a. Use camera for monitoring.
b. Storing data with some type of computer.
c. Photographing using sensible camera.
d. Keeping of proof with using computer.
28. Touching Evidence. Touching proof is very much important in criminology. Basic awareness is paved for chemical of physical components. Fingerprints are incredibly much important facts. New technology can be used for identifying fingerprints, saving fingerprints, scanning the small facts materials, deciding time of a criminal offense, where normal vision cannot identify the tiny substance. Touching evidence are used for following areas of crimes:
a. Vehicle accident
29. Weaponry and Explosives Weaponry and explosives are being used for offences. There are so many types of explosives that happen to be in used. Explosives can be considered a one chemical substance or compound. It might be a good or liquid. Now explosives detectors are used. Since the new mine detectors are most effective they could be used for detection purposes.
30. With considering mother nature of the crimes, trend of the criminals, there is a higher requirement to use the modern technology. Following problems are discovered in order to make use of the technology in minimizing crimes and keeping legislations and order of the united states. Those complications are the following:
a. Since a significant time Sri Lankan police force service has using communications equipments to talk to each police place. But when we consider the security, quickness, efficiency it is too behind with certain requirements.
b. There is a vaccum of suitable authorities personals to be utilized in crime recognition purposes and technology handling.
c. Morden flame arms are used by criminals
d. In competitive world explosives are unveiled with so many varieties.
e. Research on DNA is very much expensive. Nonetheless it will help to identify criminals. Lack of experts to do DNA exams is another problem.
f. there is a lack of lab facilities with modern technology to detect crimes.
g. Preventing criminal offenses is easy somewhat than searching after devoted a crime which is saving voluble properties by means of man vitality or material.
h. Drugs trafficking is a major issue.
i. There are a few places where crimes are repeating. Police force dominance of the region is insufficient to regulate the offences. Sometimes there is a specific time which offences are duplicating.
j. According to the common practice of legislation of the country, which trial an instance in a courtroom not well suited for some cases. As an example a real offender may be break free from the consequence if a talent lawyer talks on behalf of him. He must spend significant amounts of money to get advices and service of the lawyer or attorney. And same manner an innocent man may be convicted for a offense if he's not taking the help of a good layer.
k. Our country's judiciary system is performing well. However in criminal instances pending on trial cases are very much high because the criminal cases are to be proven beyond the affordable doubt. It requires some modification. In modern technology personal computers can be feed with brains and our penal code as well as other laws which help take the decisions. Then the judgment could be studied immediately.
l. Normal inclination of an offender is to do the offence habitually. Whenever we consider about the data of an area police train station this is a common inclination. Normally inquiries are registered in a book. For modest offences are neglected for first or second times. Then someone may compel to do the offences. Because the authorities have to find in so many literature some offender's earlier habit may be covered. If a law enforcement station acquired a data source which can available immediately law enforcement officials can go for a research of any offender's background. Because of this even a minimal offences are repeated, the offender is usually to be punished to avoid offences. When we consider about few criminals it is common truth they have initially done small offences and down the road crimes.
m. Vehicles are being used by so various kinds of people. Criminals are also using vehicles. Criminals may commit a crime in a a long way away distance, and come back in short while using vehicles. Then traffic monitoring the criminals using search pet dogs is much difficult.
n. Disaster telephone numbers that have been posted by the Division of Police are commonly use by everyone. That will help Police personals to find the place of offences and take activities without delay. For example 119 and 118 numbers are commonly used. But almost all of times these quantities are involved with some discussions.
o. Sudden provocations are making so many crimes inside our country. When we consider about crimes record of our country it is so much clear. We can use modern technology to enhance the patient potential of such particular group of people with using video games.
p. Punishment may be helped to reduce crimes to some extent. But if we 're going for a significant reduction of the offences in Sri Lanka pursuing crimes making areas should be addressed giving affordable solutions with using modern tools.
q. In a few situations fingerprints are being used to recognize the criminals. The fingerprint system had been utilized by prehistoric people.
31. You will find numbers of poisons which are being used in Sri Lanka to make crimes by means of murder, committing suicide, homicide, culpable homicides. There's a new trend in Sri Lanka for abortions with using illicit means. When in such a case researches on the victim's body is to be completed. New technology can be used for those analysts. There is a scarcity of laboratory facilities with modern technology for these purposes.
32. Extensive quantity of reason is adding to increase offences in Sri Lanka. Handling offences is a need of hour in the country. In the process of handling the offences, Sri Lanka may face some barriers. Reconciling those barriers must reduce the offences. Reducing crimes will maintain the serenity and order of the united states.
33 It is recommended that:
a. Every law enforcement officials station is usually to be given LAN and WAN system to impart information quickly.
b. To be able to reduce pending investigations of criminal offenses, law enforcement personals should be provided training on special equipments which are being used for crime detection.
c. Determined law enforcement personals should discover training on special arms which small in size.
d. All authorities personals to learn to recognize various explosives. New equipment to recognize explosives is suggested to import.
e. Studies on DNA to expose criminal offense can be increasing under the instruction of the federal government of Sri Lanka.
f. To be able to detect crimes there is a requirement to enhance lab facilities.
g. Most of financial institution, federal money lending establishments, and even some large scale business places are advised to fit camera and connect security systems with using computer systems to recognize criminals.
h. House can be guaranteed with fixing small electronic alert equipment which is not expensive.
i. Vehicles can be set with special remote control sensible alert system. Costs of the equipment are incredibly less but must be stated in larger size.
h. Media and other new specialized ways and means can be employed to teach people. Even in motion pictures can also be subjected to supply the message to general public.
i. With good cleverness incorporate with technology, will reduce drugs trafficking rate. Alternatively it can help to minimize other crime pertaining to robbery.
j. New technology to identify offences with using dish, radar system or any other technology method of detection methods.
k. Country wide identity credit card which we are employing can be produced by some body. To be able to improve security system of countrywide identity card some magnetic hypersensitive identity(pub coded) greeting card can be introduced. Though it is expensive at the start it'll be reduced the large scale property problems and the price of the detection of offences.
l. New systems for diagnosis of communication in the form of telephone, cellular phone and internet means of communication to be launched for crime recognition personals.
m. Through the use of technology the diagnosis process to be accelerated to suit with future requirements
n. We are in need of new technology as well as particular knowledge on internet and computer.
o. Media got so many tasks to elimination of crimes. However, many instance advertising also contribute to produce criminals. Mass media in conditions of federal government and private sector is to be used for preventing crimes.