· A powerful strategy- The path to growth approach has focused the companies target around it's leading brands, Restructuring offers produced cost savings of $3. 4 billion
· Strong Brand name/ image of products- A wide range of leading brands in the products collection such as; In cui soaps and shampoo, Lipton teas, Slim-fast, Ben and Jerry's ice-cream.
· Market Share
· The acquisition of Ben and Jerry's ice-cream · The purchase of Best foods
· The Acquisition of Slim-fast has resulted in entering a brand new industry
· Revenue Growth Decreasing
· Underperforming product
· Disadvantage of possessing a multicountry strategy-
· Financial debt
· Developing Slim-fast
· Fresh industry
· Expanding in to new geographic markets-more countries, like The european countries, where the excess weight loss/management craze is also acquiring hold.
· Expanding the product line
· Item line- could introduce standard, low price merchandise offerings to be able to compete with the ‘private-in home brands' made available from supermarkets and for the growing countries
· Elevated intensity of competition- from the other global food and home brands with similar merchandise portfolio's and between brand products and plr in house goods
· Opponents are Building up their resources-has been a recently available increase in mergers and purchases in recent times