Students often craft descriptive essays to create a clear and vivid picture of specific places, events, and people. The main purpose of this academic paper is to reveal and describe the meaning of a particular object through your personal, sensory, and detailed observation. When looking for helpful tips for writing a narrative essay, most of them state that you need to use the power of your language and senses to paint a bright picture in readers’ minds. After reading your academic paper, they should feel that they’ve met a specific person or gone to a particular location described in it. Make sure that they can feel a deep appreciation and emotional connection with the chosen topic. If this assignment seems time-consuming or intimidating, you can always use our professional essay writing services. Our qualified and reliable academic authors will help you complete any task, including a cover letter, fast and with the necessary guarantees.
As a student, you should understand that this process takes some time and effort. There are certain steps involved in it, such as the following:
- This is when you need to think about a future topic. Do you want to write about specific people and their role in your life? Do you prefer certain objects or places? The good news is that there are many case study topics to choose from, but you should pick something really unique and interesting. Once this important choice is made, think about the main qualities that you want to describe in your paper. Feel free to brainstorm about all significant details related to the chosen topic and avoid thinking only about some physical characteristics. It’s advisable to concentrate on personal memories, thoughts, and emotions that a particular object evokes because they play a huge role in conveying its importance. Don’t forget to create a detailed outline to put all major details and ideas in a logical manner.
- Popular and powerful tips for writing a descriptive essay say that you need to stick to your outline while taking into consideration the goals that must be achieved. For example, it’s necessary to provide readers with a rich and vivid experience of the described object. You need to show them instead of just telling, and using all senses is one of the most powerful ways, so be sure to involve tasting, hearing, smelling, and so on. Use a figurative and descriptive language in addition to concrete images to succeed. Keep in mind that suitable and good metaphors and similes can work quite well. These short essays shouldn’t rely only on solid facts and examples because they are more dependent on your ability to create a mental picture for the targeted audience, and you also should enjoy the process of describing.
- In this phase, it’s necessary to reread, reorganize, modify, and improve your academic paper to make it sound perfect. There are certain considerations that should be kept in mind when taking this step. Can your essay unfold to help readers fully appreciate the described object? Are there any paragraphs that are more confusing than describing? Does it include enough detailed to paint a complete picture? Did you choose the right language and style to convey personal emotions and meanings? Will readers be able to identify your conclusion? You should answer other similar questions, so look for efficient tips for writing descriptive essays that will guide you in the right direction. Take readers into account when writing both opening and concluding paragraphs because they must be precise in details and go from general to specific. Otherwise, your targeted audience will have problems with recreating the image in mind.
- You need to proofread your academic paper and fix all grammar and other mistakes. When it comes to your writing a definition essay or completing any other assignment, this phase shouldn’t be overlooked if you don’t want to compromise your grades. It takes some time to improve your writing style, ensure enough clarity, get rid of clichés, and so on. Asking your friends to proofread your essay is a good idea because they can help you find problematic spots and provide a fresh perspective.
- Sharing this paper with others is both an exciting and scary experience.
Mistakes That You Should Avoid
You can find many tips on writing a descriptive essay that will warn you about the most common mistakes made by students for different reasons, including their carelessness, rush, and others. They are quite costly because they can lower your academic grades, so be equipped with the right knowledge.
- Failing to write a rough draft. Writing your descriptive essay without it is a very bad idea because it won’t be as flow as it should. Besides, you may forget about specific facts or details, and it usually takes longer to complete this assignment without its rough draft.
- Failing to do enough research on the chosen topic. You always need to take this step, even if you already know a lot about it. Feel free to gather additional facts and details that can improve your essay and avoid being led in the wrong direction. If you have no idea of how to get started, contact our professional authors who can finish any assignment, including a science paper.
- Failing to be descriptive enough. Once your essay is complete, you should reread it to ensure that it contains enough vivid descriptions to paint a clear picture of the chosen subject. This is what will also help you find and fix all mistakes.
Examples of completed orders
More than 7 000 students trust us to do their work
90% of customers place more than 5 orders with us