Writing any kind of essay is sometimes overwhelming, especially when it comes to a thesis statement. But when you deal with writing a persuasive essay, you need to make your thesis statement even more persuasive than it could be in an informative essay, or in a compare and contrast essay, research paper or in any other kind of writing assignment. Fortunately, our team created a great service, which is meant to help students who study on different levels in all countries of the world deal with their writing assignments. Therefore, if you need some help or assistance with creating an effective thesis statement for persuasive essay, you should know that our professional writers are looking forward to supporting you and providing you with all kinds of help and assistance that you want. In this article, you will find a number of tips and guidelines for creating a remarkable thesis statement. Keep reading to learn more.
Whether you are assigned to write a short descriptive essay or a huge research or doctoral dissertation, formulating a thesis statement will be definitely the most difficult part of your paper to deal with. An efficient thesis statement announces the objective of your persuasive essay and, eventually, serves for controlling, asserting and structuring your entire argumentation. Without a good thesis statement, your argumentation, even if the arguments are really strong, will still seem weak and will not grab the attention of your target audience.
As for the thesis statement for persuasive essay, you should realize the meaning of this kind of essay, which the purpose of your paper depends on. This is a piece of writing that serves for describing a specified issue and for providing facts and evidences supporting the specified issue. On the one hand, it is rather similar to an argumentative essay. However, on the other hand, in contrast to an argumentative essay, the persuasive paper is grounded more on an emotional aspect, rather that on logical and rational facts. In other words, when you write a persuasive essay, you are allowed to influence emotions of your target audience without giving proper facts supporting your viewpoint at the same time. Anyway, as we have already said, the most important and, therefore, difficult part in dealing with you paper is going to be the thesis statement. Keep reading to learn how to make it effective and convincing.
Getting started with writing a thesis statement for a persuasive essay
- Begin with a good question, the answer to which will be your thesis statement. No matter how complicated the subject of your persuasive essay is, all thesis statements are possible to create by means of answering a question. For example: how important is education? Education is very important in the life of everyone.
- Make your thesis statement match the essay you are going to write, its style, tone, format and type. As long as you need to write a persuasive essay, your thesis statement has to make a claim or formulate an opinion and convince your potential reader to change his mind in regard to this or that issue.
- Use special methods for making your thesis statement more effective and loud. In other words, it is important that you present one single issue in such a way, that it could be provided with additional details supporting your point in the body paragraphs of your paper.
- Create an absolutely new argument, that has never been heard by anyone, including you personally. The most effective thesis statement is the one, that presents new information for the reader. Your reader has to be surprised and impressed by your thesis.
- Make sure you created a provable and trustworthy thesis statement. When you write the major part of your persuasive essay, you will return to your thesis statement in order to ensure that your arguments prove it completely and that there can be no doubt in the rightness of your point.
- Read your thesis for a persuasive essay and think thoroughly, whether it is stated correctly. As a matter of fact, it has to look like a map to the overall content of your paper. Reading a thesis lets the reader know, whether he is interested in further reading of your paper. That is why it is so important.
- Make sure your thesis sounds loudly. It can be provoking, surprising, funny or even just wrong, it can be whatever you want it to be, although it cannot be boring in any case.
- Find a goof place to put your thesis statement. Although it usually appears in the first paragraph of the essay, the paragraph still can consist of a number of sentences. Therefore, you need to select where you state your thesis, in the beginning, in the middle or in the very end of the first paragraph.
- Make your thesis statement narrow and clear. As a matter of fact, it has to take maximum two sentences. In addition, it has to be right to the point, because this is how your reader will define the topic and key idea of your paper, as well as your personal attitude to the issue that is covered in your persuasive essay.
- When your persuasive essay is finished, you need to come back to your thesis statement, analyze it once more and make sure it fits your paper. Remember not making your thesis in a form of a question.
Please, keep in mind that we can help you deal with creating thesis statements for persuasive essays. More than that, we have a wide range of services, like the following:
Examples of completed orders
More than 7 000 students trust us to do their work
90% of customers place more than 5 orders with us