If you are assigned by college professors to write a book report, keep in mind that this task is not only about summarizing. You should treat it as your opportunity to provide readers with your critical discussion, but there are many steps involved in this process. For example, it’s advisable to learn and know how to make a thesis . As a successful student, you need to combine your analytical and accurate reading with a solid personal response. A quality and interesting book report should describe, analyze, and express your arguments or reactions from a unique perspective. If this assignment seems a bit hard or time-consuming, our team of qualified academic writers is happy to help you with your mla format paper or anything else. Find out more about the most common book reports assigned to students nowadays.
You should understand that it’s a work of fiction, but its author includes a number of autobiographical components in this story. For instance, being born with a medical condition (hydrocephalus), suffering from seizures in the childhood, growing up in the Indian reservation, entering a normal high school, and so on. When writing your essay about this book, make sure you answer some of the following questions:
- What can the drawings of Arnold tell us? What is the connection between words and these pictures?
- Do you think you could leave the reservation? You can pick this question as a thesis statement when it comes to your writing a critical essay .
- What does it mean for the main character to be a part-time Indian? Do you consider yourself as part-time? Why?
- Why is it necessary for people to have hope? Arnold often asks this question, so you should try to give an answer in your academic paper.
- What will happen to Arnold after finishing his high school?
- How do his drawings change over the course of this book? What is the last one? Why is it important to talk about it?
Ideas for Your In the Time of the Butterflies Essay
This novel written by Julia Alvarez is about 3 revolutionary sisters murdered by the evil regime, and it gives its fictional voices to real-life political martyrs. If you are asked to write an essay about this book, your first step is organizing interesting ideas around a possible thesis statement. Make sure it’s focused, concise, original, and has clear reasons that support it. You also need to include direct references to the text to make your writing a compare and contrast essay more solid or reliable and take into account the following topics:
- Pay attention to the main theme of courage in this novel.
- One of its portions is written from the point of view of Patria Mirabal, including biblical allusions and religious themes. How does she develop into a woman who has doubts? What does this change happen?
- Why did the author decide not to include men’s point of view?
- Focus on the theme of historical fiction and pick at least a few scenes to research their historical veracity.
A Vindication of the Rights of Women Essay
Wollstonecraft wrote a declaration of women’s rights for equal education and other civil opportunities. This book has a direct and simple language, and it was the first incredible feminist treatise. If you want to write an essay about it, remember that the author argues whether a real freedom requires the equality of both genders.
- There is no one right answer when discussing the ins and outs of this novel.
- What Wollstonecraft’s arguments do you consider the most convincing? Why?
- Do you agree that this writing style is easy to understand?
- Does the author have any prejudices?
- What does she think of other opinions on women? Make sure you support your statement with solid evidence taken from the text because a quality book report differs from an accounting paper with stats.
- What is the core argument for equality in this essay?
- What are the best ways given by the author to improve women’s position in the society?
- What is her major issue with women? What are the most important flaws that the author wants to correct?
A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man Essay
Basically, this book is all about chronicling Stephen Dedalus’s life from his early childhood to adulthood, including important decisions. Many critics agree that this novel is autobiographical, because Joyce had experiences with prostitutes quite early, just like the main character, and the analysis of this book is often assigned to college students.
- Why is Stephen so different from other people?
- What role do women have in his world? Could he have a good relationship with any girl?
- Concentrate on the important of Ireland in this novel when writing a report about it.
- Do you agree that artists are separate from the society? Why?
- Would this story be as efficient and interesting if other characters were fully fleshed out?
The Course of True Love Never Did Run Smooth Essay
If you are asked to write this type of essay, you can take into consideration A Midsummer Night’s Dream, as this is where William Shakespeare describes 2 couples who experienced endless difficulties when attaining their love. Make sure you follow this brief and effective outline:
- The introduction (make your thesis statement)
- Your short summary of the book (provide readers with your personal opinion or reflection and support it with enough evidence).
- Main characters (describe their traits and other unique aspects).
- Its plot (what this story is all about).
- The conclusion (it should be brief, concise, and to the point).
Examples of completed orders
More than 7 000 students trust us to do their work
90% of customers place more than 5 orders with us