1) Evaluate the strategic goals of procedures management within the organisation
Effective businesses management is directly related to overall organisational objectives, if businesses within the organisation are not carried out properly, it will affect the profitability of the company in longer conditions. Therefore, in order to achieve these objectives the need for functions management arises to be able to professional mangers. These professionals have the competence in their related areas such as marketing, finance and human source etc.
Operations Management pertains to the development of goods and services within the organisation. It handles the inputs and outputs that are essential for the effective functional management. Here, source refers to the managements of the recourses such as competence of the employees, machinery and raw materials, and output is mainly focused on distribution of goods and services of completed goods to the clients (Gyte, 2009). Aside from input and output, there are other functions that are listed below:
- Quality management function
- Management control and Coordinating function
- Facilities management function
- Inventory control and management function
- Research and development function
- Finance function
The better coordination among these function will improve the control within the company and ultimately resulting in organisational. To be able to show how these functions can help an company to accomplish its strategic goals, the researcher has chosen the Jindal Metal Ltd (JSL). However, it is to remember these functions will be much like any other processing company.
JSL is deals in processing of stainless products of different amounts. Therefore, the coordination of previously listed functions becomes essential (JSL, 2009). These functions are talked about in detail with regards to the JSL.
In procedures management quality management is crucial in every organization. Company like JSL, always specializes in customers needs, which is straight related to product development. They understand the value of maintain the standards for as the grade of the product can be involved, which help them to hold on to their customers. It will also enhance the market share and will also be less attractive to new entrants. Continuous efforts to enhance the quality of the product are the primary reason that JSL continues to be growing even in current financial crises. Their constant investment in research and development jobs is also viewed as the main reason for their success. Other factors such as interior auditing (benchmarking) and reengineering are also key individuals for their authority in the market. Internal audit function helps the organizations to identify the flaws and weaknesses in different departments and implies different ways that ultimately increase their customer bottom on the market (JSL, 2009).
Management control (MC) is also very important function that has helped the JSL to accomplish their strategic targets. There are broad range of activities engaged MC that means that organizational aims are executed in productive and effective way. Under this function a business always tries to determine if it actually pursuing and implementing the actions that were chosen when original goals were laid out. For instance, JSL always implement those strategies that which are focused on customers. They are always concerned the way the products will reach to the customers; therefore they have implemented the national level syndication systems in India. This sort of strategy has helped the JSL to attain their organizational targets (JSL, 2009).
For JSL facilities management is also important to be able to achieve the overall targets. In facilities management, companies closely count on the better management of the facilities such as building, computer, signage, light and flower and machinery. Facilities management is very important to the JSL, which functions at countrywide level in India, as stated earlier. It is because company is involved in the large scale development in relation to market demand. When there is high demand of material products in the market, then it'll be evenly important that facilities should be provided keeping in mind the amount of demand. Alternatively, when there is less demand in the market then facilities needs to be managed often it may bring about high cost to the organization, which will in the end affect the profitability of the company (JSL, 2009).
Marketing or advertising campaign function is also similarly important in current scientific world. This can help the companies to reach to the customers quickly and make them aware of latest developments in various products, and make them aware of any new amounts that are presented followed by the client demand. The similar strategy is followed by the JSL in order to ensure its product and services (output) are in the calling the clients in each and every single area of the country. This in turn helps them to attain their overall objectives and maintain the level of profitability (JSL, 2009).
In functions management inventory control is also similarly important like any other function that contributes to the achievements of the organizational goals. There should be control over inventory and procurement team plays the main element role in this. In manufacturing company like JSL, the presence of procurement team is vital. When there is more production and less demand then it is highly likely that all the steel products produced will be sold. Alternatively, when there is high demand and less development, this will in the end affect the success of JSL in longer conditions and company may loose its customers. This will also raise the chances of competition to gain the market show (JSL, 2009).
Another important function can reported to be money, which helps the company to have the control or maintain its financing. JSL is involved with processing business, which requires heavy capital investment. It is important to mange these assets in an reliable manner. Over the years it is seen that companies are using professional managers those people who have competence in the financial sector.
Overall, it can ne said that procedures management is inserted in every single part of the organization, hence very important to the success of the organizational aims.
Gyte, (2009), "Businesses management" (Online)
www. gyte. edu. tr/dersler/546/ISL536/retim%201. ppt
(Accessed on 09/12/2009)
JSL, (2009), "Company Account", (Online)
http://www. jindalstainless. com/profile. html
(Accessed on 09/12/2009)
ASKS 2-A ETOLA 10573
Define resources tools and system required to support business process
Due to globalization, the marketplace become more competitive, more recently the range of new tools can be purchased in the market. To achieve a marginal development business need to develop its business process. The business enterprise process management help company to improve production and recognize the value chain to gaining competitive parameters. The business enterprise needs a solution of all kind of hype. On the other hand, concern with making a range that may lead to a failure to meet proper goals or achieve enough return on investment can cause delays in making the decision to look at a small business Process tool and, by omission, bring about the same problems.
Define business process
The further step to identify the business strategy is to
One step is to discovering the business process strategy is to classify the key business techniques which support the business value chain. The existing business style required a long term development likely to achieve a good, but it is possible when business have good business strategy and this strategy is Business Process Management, to attain overall business aims this technique play an important role.
To remain secure in the market, it is very vital to make ground-breaking changes by keeping relationship between technology and current business circumstance. If we glimpse over the true business situation over the last ten years, there are huge groundbreaking changes has took place. The technology has transformed and due to advertise competition the quality improvement performs an important role. And to fulfil these goals there should be a overall contribution of most department.
Departments in an group play key role in reaching overall objectives
To achieve organizational goals, all departments play important role like; Individual Resource, Money, Marketing, Production and Quality Control, and IT etc. Within this globalization era, it is necessary to keep clear aim and role to meet organizational goal. All above depart are run by the worker so the employees are the key capital of the business because the success and inability of the business is depend on the employees because the order of the all section is in the palm of the employee.
Tools and System to manage business recourses
To mange a much better work system it is essential to establish an improved scientific tools and system. More recently there are extensive technical tools are using in the business to work smoother. Recently the new ERP established in business, by help of the system you can operate all your business function easily like. , purchase, sales, time keeping HR outsourcing, and security Management.
There will vary types of tools to run your business as under:
Management Information system
Integrated information systems
Executive information system
Corporate information system
Enterprise huge system
Material source of information planning
Manufacturing learning resource planning
Money source of information planning
The growing information needs of any venture make it imperative to improve or replace old system, where the globalization has been initiated, full convertibility is coined, Infrastructure Projects are nearing completion, and it is expected that the complete business system will go through a major change. Gain the performance advancements offered by a service-oriented architecture. Enhance businesses by combining new and existing information possessions and making them available to users throughout the business, and for combo with other resources to meet new challenges.
http://www. bpminstitute. org/articles/article/article/define-your-bpm-strategy-before-selecting-a-tool. html
http://www. erpfans. com/erpfans/erpca. htm
Define and implement quality audit systems/practice to control and screen quality to standards specified by the business and process controlled.
Quality audit is an important part of a business to examine a product quality. It is an activity of systematic examination of a quality to keep good quality, since it is an integral component to get international quality standard. Quality audits are usually performed at predefined time intervals and ensure that the business has clearly-defined inside quality monitoring steps linked to effective action. This assists determine if the organization complies with the described quality system processes and can involve procedural or results-based evaluation criteria. Audits can even be used for safety purposes. Quality Audit can save organizations from quality disasters. The purpose of this article is to provide quick information regarding quality audit which is importance in continuous improvement of any quality system.
In 2008, our audit quantity dropped by 19 percent in comparison to 2007. Wal-Mart's moral expectations group and third-party audit organizations conducted 11, 502 audits in more than 7, 000 company factories. Of the audited factories, roughly 5, 000 produced goods for our immediate transfer program, and 2, 000 produced domestically-sourced merchandise. In 2008, we accepted more than 1, 000 audits from the ICTI and ILO. We feature the decrease in overall audits in part to the change in the program's occurrence of audits. Additionally, the factory platform across many regions has been negatively impacted by the unfavourable global economical conditions, thus resulting in manufacturing plant closures.
Quality Audit Standard of Wall-Mart's:
Advancing our commitments
In Wall-Mart's they work with their dealer to help them to achieve new goals, they give their review and opinions to their provider when necessary.
Third-party auditors will undertake thorough, self-employed assessments of these performance and work product quality. Third get-togethers will be required to obtain and keep maintaining certification to set up industry requirements.
Improving the efficiency of your audit program
Wall-mart's is a member of the Clearinghouse (FFC) that enables us to talk about data among a group of global brands and stores. Company likewise have developed a plan to accept high quality and fully establish audits using their peer companies. Company have created a program to evaluate and admit the audit conducted third party group.
The company is improving their supply string transparency by requiring all main manufacturers of immediate transfer, non-branded and private label goods to expose their factories and subcontractors company.
A dealer development team
To achieve high standard offering the company have developed a supply team, this team is customized to support the suppliers and their factories by activities such as real cause analysis.
A special audit team
This team member is sensible to validating audit results created by the quality section and third-party audit company, after this final result if any moral standards issues arise they audit them and make analysis on it.
Quality and knowledge management initiatives can be complementary rather than fighting strategies. Ongoing process improvement systems work well in handled and ordered conditions concentrating on the performance of well-defined and repeatable responsibilities. Knowledge processing is context dependent and sophisticated - the actions of pondering and learning. Cause and result are learned in retrospective evaluation.
http://walmartstores. com/sites/sustainabilityreport/2009/s_rs_auditProgramResults. html
http://www. kppub. com/articles/may2009/quality_audit_a_tool_to_review. html
Task 2c ETOLA-10573E
Embed a quality culture to ensure continuous monitoring and development of the process
The methodological approach to "quality" was born during the industrial Trend, with natural resources being altered into products having similar features. The idea of quality is at the foundation of competition: products offering similar features distinguish themselves on the basis of "how well" their features were developed and of how much these are appreciated by the public. Speaking about the grade of an intangible service or product implies substantial distinctions, as well as different corporation and monitoring methodologies. The idea of quality, somehow intuitive alone, is in fact something strictly connected to the service received and the relating customer care.
"Quality culture is a long-term, extended methodological approach relating all the bodies' in charge of delivering something, with the purpose to achieve the highest possible client satisfaction. "
Hear in this subject we will summaries how can Wal-mart's monitoring the procedure and develop the product quality culture.
The corporate and business quality culture of Wal-Mart is one of the biggest contributing factors that make it one of the world's most popular companies. When Sam Walton founded the company, he instilled in his people and his business a opinion system that continues to be very much in place today. From your three basic values to the sundown rule, we value our customers, Affiliates and suppliers and make an effort to treat them once we ourselves desire to be cured. In building and nurturing these interactions, as well as offering the communities where we live, we've helped build a better business-one committed to excellence.
Monitoring and development of Quality Culture
In Wall-mart's they continually monitoring their internal procedure for their quality and after monitoring the procedure, they develop the insurance plan to get business goal.
From the three basic beliefs to the sundown guideline, we respect our customers, Affiliates and suppliers and strive to treat them as we ourselves want to be cured. In building and nurturing these connections, as well as offering the neighborhoods where we live, we've helped build a much better business-one focused on excellence.
As we've reviewed and examined the product quality culture, and the issues and successes at Wal-Mart, However, it is shocking to find that lots of organizations though acknowledging the pressure that corporate culture exerts with an organization's profit and loss figures do not more than report their quality culture in newspaper only and lock them away in data that are never read. So, it is vital for any business to monitoring the product quality culture and produces them to achieve the success.
http://www. careerbuilder. com/Jobs/Company/C7H3TS6Y32JND3GZW88/Wal-Mart-Stores-Inc-Corporate/?cbsid=ca014d79eaf249a7acd25c7eebb99c0d-313812029-J5-5&&ns_siteid=ns_uk_g_The_corporate_quality_&cbRecursionCnt=1
Task-III-Group task ETOLA-10573
The McDonald's concept was presented in Southern California by Dick and Apple pc McDonald of Manchester, New Hampshire in 1940. It had been modified and broadened by their business partner, Ray Kroc, who later bought out the business passions of the McDonald's brothers in the idea and went on to found McDonald's Corporation.
It has more than 31000 restaurants in more than 119 countries and functions 47 million customers each day. They have more than 1. 5 million employees It's headquarter reaches Oak Brook, Illinois, USA.
Each McDonald's restaurant is run by way of a franchisee, a joint venture partner, or the organization itself. The corporations' revenues result from the hire, royalties and fees paid by the franchisees, as well as sales in company handled restaurants. McDonald's revenues grew 27% over the three years ending in 2007 to $22. 8 billion, and 9% expansion in working income to $3. 9 billion.
Question number 3 3. a and 3. b is completed by:
Dhaval B. Kanojiya (Leader)
Yogita P. Kapadia
Chinmay A. Chauhan
Question number 3 3. c and 3. d is completed by:
Sanjay Kumar Paul
MD Humayun Rashid
Baldev M. Bhetariya
Task 19. 3. a: Screen systems, work activities, and identify problems and opportunities for improvement.
To make the income in the business McDonald's uses the franchise system. McDonald's provides its franchise to other companies for the expansion of their business. The next diagram is approximately the intro of the working environment of the McDonald's.
McDonald's working environment:
Figure no. 3. a. 1
McDonald's Working Culture:
McDonald's offers different kind of work and position to its every single employee. The following positions are given to the employers by the McDonald's.
The manager has to run the company and it is his responsibility to increase its business on the market and also to make the business more profitable. Director makes a decision about the increment of the employer, gives authorization for leave and also about the strategy of the business.
The Shift director has to be mindful about a particular change which is been directed at him. She or he has to look after man pressure and food. One has to teach the new employees as well.
The customer assistance must deal with customers about taking requests and solving their problems.
The team member must deal with many activities like cleaning, preparing food, create all the meals items to the storage space, changing menu daily, etc.
McDonald's provides many facilities with their customers. It offers counter-top and drive-thru service to the customers. Even after good services to the customers there are a few issues that McDonald's or the clients facing.
- Parking is the key problem for McDonald's.
- Customers have to wait sometimes if there is any queue in drive-thru.
- Managers in the McDonald's keep least man make. So when it gets active, People employed in it faces tons of workload.
- Kitchen area in it is very small.
- They take maximum work in minimal wages and they do not provide extra wages on getaways. So employees feel exploited sometimes.
- Minimum Chances for promotion.
Though there are a few problems there are chances for improvement. So in my own opinion here are some points which might be useful as options for improvement.
- Customer reviews should be analysed on regular basis.
- They should provide extra space for auto parking.
- They should learn lessons from the past.
- Rewarding system should be increased.
- They also needs to consider the claims of employees and stakeholders and must make an effort to fix them.
- Open suggestion assembly or type of suggestion box should be there and after regular time frame they should go through all the ideas and accept those who are useful.
Task 19. 3. b: Recommend advancements which align with the organisation's targets and goals and which cause a reduction in the variant between what customers and other stakeholders want and what products, techniques and services deliver.
Shareholders have invested in McDonald's to improve the value of the investment. So if McDonald's does not give them revenue, they could take their cash back from company or remove their financial support. They can sell their part of stocks or properties placed in the business.
Customers can spend money on the business by buying the product of that company. So if they are dissatisfied using their product they can ask for refund or can go anywhere else where in fact the same product is present from next time. Even more than that they could impact their some other clients by person to person.
In my thoughts and opinions there are some points that I wish to discuss that could be acceptable.
- They should provide good wages with their employees as per degree of experience and qualification.
- For the progress of McDonald's every worker must be retain in mind that they have to work better to get more customers satisfied.
- Every worker should work in a team so each one contributes into progress of the business.
- They also needs to provide some money with their different franchises as required so they can also give their contribution into getting company's overall goal.
- Any appropriate recommendation from any stakeholder should be considered seriously and should be talked about in a gathering.
- Working environment should be warm and friendly that each employee would feel just like a family. It offers more mental support to them.
- Product development with lowest cost and resources will increase profit for investors and provide the best value for money to consumers.
- Operationally reliable organisations verify and improve procedures, always in the context of what they are seeking to achieve for his or her customers and stakeholders.
- Company should achieve all its goals within timeframe with optimum utilization of resources to catch the attention of more shareholders to get their money.
- Managers in the business should give attention to short term revenue than long term development to avoid risk involved in it.
However, as observed by Post, Preston, and Sachs:
- 'Organizational prosperity can be created (or ruined) through romantic relationships with stakeholders of most kind - resource providers, customers and suppliers, public and political celebrities. Therefore, effective stakeholder management - that is, managing interactions with stakeholders for mutual advantage - is a critical requirement for corporate success. '
In today's workspace the change has become modus operandi to success. Now the speed of change running a business prospectuses is accelerate as part of your. Acknowledging of Change can be rated easy to difficult. Change can be related with marketing, finance, creation. Below are a few guidelines that use to build up business pattern.
- Challenge yourself: One should try new things if it is possible every day. In short you should start adopting new things as they come.
- Practice constructive discontent: you need to think about himself and the organization that "how could I improve? How could my organization improve?" Having attitude of thinking different way is always helpful. So for better change one should work integrally.
- Be travels: Always struggle the challenge. Try to create new ideas and try to adopt them. Let other check it out and also require them in it. Established high targets and make your efforts to get it.
- Always most probably to recommendations: you need to take ideas and reviews from the members whose employed in the organization as well as from customers. Change always takes time so contributing in to the process will decrease the time for improvement.
- Be perseverance: Change in any process might take time, so you need to learn to wait around things to get happened. The change should be process using its proper way and it requires to be time for work in organizational manner.
They are the steps forchanges within the McDonald.
- McDonald should give their franchise at low price to small countries considering low revenue in the mind.
- McDonald should increase its franchise restaurants to earn much more profit.
- McDonald should provide garden for seated facility.
- There should be a specific one who grips the stock at store.
- There should be an online service or Wi-Fi facility and children play train station.
- McDonald should start its free home delivery service.
- Open suggestion field should be there so that exchanging idea can make corporation better.
"Space" is the significant problem for McDonald's. So they should spend even more money on that and by doing this they can increase their advantage. But from that work weight for employees will be increased.
Task 19. 3. d - Develop the implementation plan and evaluate the results expected following the implementations of your approved solution from third question.
Momentous organizational change occurs, for example, when a business changes its overall policy for success, gives or removes a major section or practice, and/or wants to change the nature by which it runs. For organizations to build up, they often must experience significant change at various items in their development. Now in cases like this from the 3rd question answer we can conclude some following indicate develop the implementation plan.
- In terms of company franchises, they cannot give franchises to all small country but they can give by considering some standards, they have to give attention to community and culture, aside form this they can transform some verity of product for a lot more customer. Macdonald's have some own policy about their store however they need to improve their insurance policy while they give franchises in small countries.
- If we talk about generating revenue, this is the main goal of each organization but, revenue is not only a main purpose hear for McDonalds'. By increasing franchises they can make more revenue but they have to keep quality and expenses at heart. MacDonald's' can make more earnings not giving more franchises nevertheless they can make cost trimming to increase the profit.
- In MacDonald's' they have huge customer dash on week ends plus some occasion, in those days customer faces the resting problem so to cope up with this issue, they can organize some facilities for longing customer, moreover, they need to keep for extra berth facilities to allow them to arrange more seated when required. Your garden facilities can be quite expensive to hire that much space in city area which means this notion can be most detrimental.
- Stoke taking is the key function of corporation to know the real trading of the business. In MacDonald's' to taking their stoke they may use some software like. , SAP, ERP all these software have large features which may take programmed stoke taking and order control, they can also link their shop with main delivery shop to order the product by automobile reminder facilities. Apart from this send all stoke data to head office in one country to another country any time and any day.
- Implement plans: after making proper changes, it is very important to do implementation. Management have to make proper planning about how exactly to implement the system properly. In McDonald's while applying the change, everyone ought to know their role as well as should really know what is going on in the business. Managing the work force and response of individuals is also area of the plan.
- At least 21. 5% of all franchises sales and income goes to the business which can be with McDonald's.
- 12% for hire of the restaurant and brand name, 5% for use of the McDonalds system (consultants, workers inside the organization) and 4. 5 % for the national marketing spend. So revenue increase.
- Gardens will be employed by customers when there is a long queue or looking forward to the meals.
- Children can play in the kids play area without troubling the other customers.
- Stoke manager could keep attention on stock so no food would be squandered.
- Everyone could access the internet facility by Wi-Fi in the restaurant.
- Medium category people can also afford their food on daily basis.
- People can order the meals at home.
- Shortage of personnel for home delivery
- They have to spend extra cash for space for garden and its maintenance.
- Area of restaurant should increase for child area.
Information about McDonald's
www. aboutmcdonald. com
www. mcdonald. co. uk
www. bized. com/company
information for improvement are available in
Bradach, J. (1998), Franchise Organizations, Harvard Business Press, Boston, MA
Home elevators stakeholders are available on
Jones, G. R. (2007). Organizational Theory, Design, and Change (5th ed. ), Lesson Plan of Section 2 New Jersey: Pearson Education, Inc.
Info on execution of change are available on
www. authenticityconsulting. com, Authenticity Consulting, LLC
Information about successful organizational change can be found on
http://www. knowhownonprofit. org/leadership/change/fivesteps