If you are assigned with a persuasive essay where you need to discuss both sides to a particular debate before revealing your personal opinion, this means you need to write a pros and cons paper. The main purpose that it serves is to compare things, and this is what allows people to read it with enough balanced information from both sides, so that they can formulate their own points of view before reviewing your final analysis. If you find this assignment confusing, it’s advisable to get reputable college paper writing service help. For example, you can contact our academic writers who will do everything fast and affordably. Remember that it’s easy to write this literary essay if you succeed to treat both sides equally, while describing the pros and cons of each one clearly and after doing your research. Don’t forget to summarize your opinion in the end.
Basically, writing this academic paper requires students to treat each side equally, and this is what makes its topics quite controversial and easily debatable. This type of essay works perfectly for different debatable topics and subjects because its structure requires you to take into account and evaluate both sides of the argument. If you are stuck with suitable and interesting topics, consider the following ideas while evaluating their pros and cons:
- Legalizing marijuana.
- The role of mobile phones in the society.
- Spying on friendly countries.
- Beauty pageants.
- Drinking age limits.
- Writing your euthanasia pros and cons essay.
There are many other ideas you can use when completing this assignment because they are literally endless. Start with creating a list of both positive and negative points for each side of your chosen argument, whatever topic you pick. For example, you can write a detailed animal testing pros and cons essay if you’re concerned with this subject. Keep in mind that its tone should be objective, so that you need to provide readers with a completely neutral view of the necessary information. Ending up with any side being forced is a poor idea.
Basic Steps to Write a Good Essay
It’s necessary to offer specific examples and details to develop arguments for both sides within each paragraph of this essay. Some students decide to present only one side, but they make a huge mistake. Other students may decide to provide one point and then its counterpoint, and there are many other efficient formats to choose from. Feel free to pick the most convenient one, and don’t forget to provide readers with clear, well-researched, and solid examples. Using transitional phrases in between every paragraph is a brilliant idea, as this is what will make your technology pros and cons essay focused and fluent. Besides, there are other basic steps that should be taken to come up with a perfect academic paper and get high grades:
- Do your research. Before you start writing your assignment, make sure you research the chosen topic well. Get more information about the opinions of other people, define the strongest arguments, and so on. If you prefer to discuss any social issue, gather the necessary stats and focus on research studies. If you want to write about something more abstract, pay attention to expert opinions. There are many sources of information you can use as your starting point, such as credible websites, journals, and others.
- Ensure your balanced topic treatment. When it comes your writing a definition essay from both sides, make sure its tone is 10% objective and unbiased, so you should give equal respect and attention to each side. That’s because your academic paper should enable readers to weigh different points and concerns equally instead of being forced to a particular side. Your introduction should be well-balanced and structures to summarize both sides and making your neutral thesis statement.
- Develop your thesis. It’s all about explaining the most important points of your essay, and it should be written at the end of its introduction. This is when you need to summarize all pros and cons of the chosen issue, but ensure that they all sound clear and solid.
- Discuss pros and cons. It’s another crucial section of your cms paper , and it involves writing the main body. You should clearly outline the pros and cons of your chosen topic. Every paragraph should be devoted to one idea or argument, but make sure you remain charitable to both side while summarizing the solid points of arguments, even if you don’t agree with them.
- Write a conclusion. This section of your essay must summarize all points and outline further questions. It’s necessary to make your own argument based on the discussed pros and cons of your chosen subject, you need to restate it and demonstrate readers why your approach is correct.
Mistakes when Writing This Essay
Avoiding common mistakes made by other students is one of the key secrets to writing a good apa essay and getting high grades.
- Failing to make a strong and clear thesis statement. Make sure it’s clear, concise, and to the point while collecting enough evidence to support it.
- Failing to pick an interesting and original topic. Brainstorm a variety of ideas because it will help you come up with something fresh and great.
- Providing opinions only for one side of the argument.
- Having not enough focus on the chosen topic.
- Forgetting to cite all sources used to write your pros and cons essay. You’ll be accused of plagiarism if you make this mistake, so find out more about references, sites, and their correct formatting.
Examples of completed orders
More than 7 000 students trust us to do their work
90% of customers place more than 5 orders with us