Posted at 11.25.2018
Advanced professional development is a topic which can allow a leaner to build up personal and professional skills. It offers solutions to improve skills like counselling and mentoring, professional development skills like team work, leadership, problem dealing with, time management etc. and reveal method to utilize them with the help of Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
It allows learners to build up their learning style with SWOT analysis; personal skills audit and how exactly we can judge our learning style mean that our company is auditory, visible, kinaesthetic or tactile learner.
PDP is the need of today in professional and personal development of a person to attain its goals and goal. Advanced professional development is a key for success in professional life with CPD, SWOT and PDP.
Explain the difference between counselling and mentoring. Give types of each in your answer.
Counselling and Mentoring will be the elements of professional and personal skills. These are directed to management styles and management capabilities. There are various variations in counselling and mentoring and they are given below:
It is a favorite approach to offering advice and assisting staff development recognise their feelings about problems and the ones problems may be personal and professional "Buchanan David (1997)". It really is helpful with personal troubles and issue in place of work and way to obtain guidance in business like new project. Counselling is of two types;
Directive counselling: It requires initiative and suggesting solutions.
Counsellor shows the path of problem towards accurate decision.
In directive counselling: The counselee is with the capacity of defining his problem.
For example Within an organisation as an school students of MBA get counselling for his or her personal issues such as having problems at home and exactly how they can handle these emotional issues.
It is stated as "It is off range help by one individual to another in making significant transitions in knowledge, work or thinking".
We can consider five regions of mentoring they are business, professional, performance, personal and skill. Mentoring allows an individual to follow in the path of a mature and wiser colleague who are able to spread knowledge and experience" Buchanan David (1997)". It actively uncover potential, fine music, evolves skills. "Mentoring is conducted in the live environment, which is incredibly effective when used as a mean of supportive training and transfer skills".
For example In instructor training one person that has experience in this field and trained are a mentor to aid a person or trainee "Buchanan David (1997)". A coach can observe, listen and ask questions from trainee to evaluating progress.
Identify three professional skills that help you to meet your personal or organisation's goals and objectives.
Professional development skills are those skills which are helpful and very important to professional life any person who want to succeed in his life. They are given below;
1. 2. 1 Command SKILLS: We always see same type of skills in leaders which help them to execute on duties the best of their ability. Leadership talents or functions are planning - make a workable plan, initiating - encourage their staff and group, handling - maintain specifications, supporting- relieve tension with appropriate humour, informing - give and acquire information, analyzing - evaluating its performance and group's performance. When a manager or brain of an organisation's head take up these management skills in autocratic way or democratic way he o she will be a much better leader of organisation "Buchanan David (1997)".
1. 2. 2 EMPOWERMENT: Empowerment means permit others to execute well in increasing the functions and responsibilities it means team working, problem fixing, project implementation.
1. 2. 3 ADAPTABILITY: "It's important that as well as you know that you need personal and professional development in a specific area and it is merely one way to achieve it" by adaptation. This include IT training-gain more understanding of computer systems and equipment's which are of help in professional development, communication skills-written, dental, etc.
Describe time management. What are benefits? Explain how it can enable you to use your time better.
'Time is a non-renewable reference and time management is the effective and productive use of time to allow necessary responsibilities to be completed within their time frames in a set up and prioritised way. '
With efficient time management anyone have deep breathing space and dedicate time for you to new ventures that how enough time available for you and key area duties have to complete within time by "TROG BAR".
Any person who can manage their time effectively will be able to.
Cope with difficult situations.
React more favourably to problems.
Better well prepared for future.
Maximum amount of work done in effective time
How time management enable to work with our time better: When we want to use our time more effectively then we must break down the time into smaller systems and we may use without wasting a large amount of time in an efficient way.
Setting goals; how enough time available for you and tasks you need to do in a particular time period you'll be able to make time sections for different tasks.
Prioritising work task:; Prioritising jobs enables a manager to keep up thus far with requirements so classify your tasks into four categories:;
Urgent and important; action is essential immediately.
Urgent; decisions might be needed by the end of day.
Important; decisions might be produced within period of months.
Neither immediate nor important; long term proposal.
What is the value of a continuous professional development (CPD) program to both an organisation and a person? Include facts from an company with which you are familiar.
Continuous Professional Development (CPD) programmes: It really is a term given to any form of structured learning that occurs at any time throughout your working life and a committed action to self-improvement and understanding and we can say this is a lifelong learning. CPD is an extremely wide term it helps in bettering knowledge and skills and develop personal attributes which are necessary for professional.
CPD for an organisation: An organisation has a duty to provide training as is essential because of their employees to do their work effectively. It offers all formal and casual learning by "Edwin B Flippo".
An organisation provides;
Professional training ;short programs, workshops, and conferences etc
Professional education; long courses, secondments emphasising theory, and research established knowledge.
CPD for an individual: CPD for a person is defined by development plan, job description, skills and competences needed to carry out role and tasks of a person. An individual can improve his IT skills, communication skills etc. It creates her or him reliable, successful and healthy.
Example of CPD: There are so many types of CPD like in coaching to upgrade their professional skills federal government give yearly training, In medical occupation doctors get training about new equipment's or treatments from world health organisation because of this first they need to enroll with it.
Describe the levels of an individual skills audit. How do it be used to develop the abilities needed for effective management and control?
2. 1. 1 PERSONAL SKILLS AUDIT: Personal skill audit is a formal kind of examination of a person's personality like features to do work. Personal skill audit is listed below by "Edwin B Flippo":
2. 1. 2 PERSONAL Account: Account means self-assessment or analysis. It is a record, where you can identify your strengths and weaknesses and make planning the way you will give your very best to your projects with your skills, drive and personality. There are a few tests that happen to be helpful in examining a person's capacity.
Psychometric trials: This test checks ability-capability to execute a work, personality-how you deal with situations and interest tests-your needs and wants.
Personality questionnaires: This test checks personal qualities necessary for an company.
To check capacity and personality.
2. 1. 3 PERSONAL SWOT Research: Personal SWOT evaluation methods to identify talents, weaknesses, opportunities and dangers in person's life and it can help in determining where you are at the moment and where you like to be. It'll keep you on the right track and motivated, assistance with decisions and add to fulfilment of your sense like improvement in your personality to get success in your personal and professional life.
You may conquer your weaknesses.
Minimise your hazards to accomplish your goal.
Increase your strengths.
Try for best and much more opportunities.
You know your reading, writing, learning skills
Examine your mentoring, counselling power.
When you get improvement in all elements of your personality then results show success in general management and leadership. Discuss the value of identifying learning style.
2. 2. 1 LEARNING STYLE: Leaning style means features of the person to learn in a specific environment or method. Learning styles are formal-learn into classes, colleges or bookish knowledge and non-formal-learn in modern culture and from your activities, whatever we live today is the consequence of learning. The way we think, eat, walk all because of learning and learning styles are visual-learn more by viewing maps, models, reading and visualising, auditory-learn by hearing others from interviews, speeches, kinaesthetic-practically, touching and doing like attracting pictures, manipulate formulas.
2. 2. 2 IDENTIFING LEARNING STYLE: The techniques to figuring out learning style are tests, questionnaires, interview, review the documents, observation, critical incident, focus categories, learner centred research, consensus techniques, evaluation centres, performance appraisal, global analysis etc.
2. 2. 3 IMPORTANCE: Need for figuring out learning style is listed below:
It escalates the scope of self applied pacing of a learner.
The learner gets proper opportunity for self-assessment to doing work and organisation recognizes potential of doing work of his employee.
Learner gets opportunity for self-assessment to create an in depth picture of a person where he or she is positioned now in job and job and where she or he wants to move.
Learner got facility for feedback-information to do something and reinforcement-support and power.
Learner's knowledge, skills, or attitudes are reviewed.
Learners in target group conclusions shared and decided with each other's.
In global research goals are recognized, analysed.
2. 3. 1 LEARNING STYLE: Learning style indicate how a person can learn and find out effectively by doing, by discussions etc. Folks are unique and have different learning styles. Types of learners are activists, reflectors, theorists, pragmatists. We can judge the effective ness of own learning style by pursuing way;
2. 3. 2 QUESTIONARIES AND SURVEYS: Interviews are involved in this type of method.
2. 3. 3 Lab tests: To check on ability of any person on paper, reading, knowledge tests are taken. These are auditory, visual, oral depend on the need to check.
2. 3. 4 INTERVIEWS: To get clear aims interviews are considered and mostly when you are qualify for employment but now in these days if you are going for entrance in institution or college or university first you have to go through interviews. These are formal and casual, face to face, by telephone, video recording conferencing.
2. 3. 5 OBSERVATIONS: Mentors and counsellors will be the person who can view a person in situation to know the effectiveness of a person in various situations like in educator training coach observes that how he or she deal with students in class.
2. 3. 6 LEANER CENTERED Evaluation: This is self-examination with or without an examiner you can look at yourself as well as others.
2. 3. 7 CONSENSUS TECHNIQUES: This test is depending upon discussion, consensus review and Delphi method.
2. 3. 8 Analysis CENTRES: Advanced of skills are examined in diagnosis centres like IQ level lab tests, psychometric screening.
2. 3. 9 PERFORMANCE Testing: There are many varieties of home performance appraisal, appraiser must be skilled.
Every learning style has its own importance and we have to triumph over over weakness adopting all of these beneficial learning styles. That is necessary because sometimes you are unable to learn without practice for example in traveling and sometimes you can learn without viewing for example you can differentiate a cat or dog without see.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN (PDP): Personal development plan means an idea which includes your personal needs like help in develop your career and measure your progress "Edwin B flippo (1984)". In my own words PDP is the right way to clear all obstructions you can get your career or ladder for success.
PURPOSE OF PDP: PDP can be an important part of a professional because it is the look of future and development of job. It can help to get determine where you want to travel and from which way you can have more success "Edwin B flippo (1984)". There are a few areas where you can find out more by making use of PDP are given below;
To achieve authority skills: control skills like planning, initiating, creating a vision, develop programs and strategies etc are leadership skills and PDP really helps to a person to boost it. Control styles are may be autocratic, laissez - faire director, democratic "Edwin B flippo (1984)".
To develop administrator qualities: PDP helps in development of manager features like find tranquility in living with modern culture, company, and family objectives like how he or she can moderate personal parts with others.
Use of your energy: PDP helps in managing your time and effort in a highly effective way as if you can transform your skills like communication skill speaking, analysing skill writing etc "Edwin B flippo (1984)".
To improve professional features: PDP assists with improving and expanding professional development for example you are a educator but you do not how to use overhead projector, 3-D aids etc.
To choose right career: PDP is a way to choose right job is suitable to your skills and personality.
To improve personality: PDP is utilized to boost a personality of the person for example you are a professor you are trained for this vocation nevertheless, you cannot communicate more so you can increase your communication skills.
To achieve goals: PDP is used to achieve a specific goal and aim in life. It really is like a cornerstone for a person to begin their work.
Produce your own detailed personal development arrange for next year. This can contain: a skills audit; recognition of those skills to be developed; an idea showing the resources needed for development over a period scale.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN: A couple of three stages of PDP based on personal diagnosis and SWOT examination "Edwin B flippo (1984)". These are listed below;
CURRENT SITUATION: It offers SWOT research;
STRENGTHS- I am good in writing and can find out more from pay attention to others.
WEAKNESS -My spoken communication is bad, trust to anybody without knowing him or her. |
OPPORTUNITIES- Get entrance in school first stage of MBA from E-Thames college
THERATS - These subjects are unknown to me and poor in information technology.
WHERE I WANT TO GO: I want success in my life but I cannot show my personal and professional things with others and first level of success is get MBA degree to be always a good professional.
CASE STUDY SYSTEM - This case system development is a training method that requires in offering the newbies with a state of affairs, putting them in the part of a judgement finding results manufacturer facing a problematic situation "Hammond 1976".
STRATEGY FOR FUTURE: My PDP for next season is listed below;
Short term; complete first semester's tasks on 23th of July and submit them.
Medium term; I have to struggle with my weaknesses and risks. I'll get more info related to my things through internet and reading books, more practice on my speaking skill, get more info about information technology that is more important in these days and we can say that people are little or nothing without this.
Long term; Get success, Keep distance from unidentified personalities, do not show ideas with others, do effort to complete my study. .
I need information in personal and professional development which I can get from a coach.
I need catalogs to increase knowledge about subjects and I can get from catalogue, market etc.
I will get more information about IT from my friends, instructors.
Advanced professional development imply to enable learners to consider responsibility for development of personal and professional skills. Learners should show themselves by using PDP, CPD and SWOT evaluation.
You can assess your learning style which is more helpful in your career route. Learning styles are visible, auditory etc. and learner may use all according with their need to boost personality. In advanced professional development coach has a main devote personal and professional development. Advanced professional development features the value of seeking supply again from others to improve performance.
Buchanan David (1997) organisational behavior third edition [bathroom press colour books]
Course materials of DMS of RDI (2008)
Dessler Gary (2003) Human learning resource development 8th edition [published in India by Replika press]
EDWIN B FLIPPO (1984) Personal management 6th edition
http://mairin. cc. ca. us/don/review/13styles. html[02. 04. . 8]
Persaud, P (2005) The motivated mind, English [Bentan Press]
"Time Management Software - Email Management Software - Trog Bar". Attributes of the Trog Pub. Retrieved October 3, 2007.
 Course materials of DMS by RDI
 course material of DMS by RDI
 Personal management, Edwin B Flippo
 COURSE Materials OF DMS BY RDI
 DESSLER GARY(2003) Man RESOURSE MANAGEMENT
 THE MOTIVATED Head BY PERSAUD
 Course materials of DMS
 Human tool management by GARY DESSLER
 http://marin. cc. ca. us/don/study/13styles. html[02. 04. 08]s
 The stimulated mind, Persaud
 Edwin B flippo (1984) Personal management