As a high school or college student, sooner or later you need to write a book report or a literary analysis essay. This academic experience can be a lot of fun, but it often doesn’t come easy. Basically, this assignment provides you with a great way to share your opinion about any given literary work. You should know effective directions and ways to describe and discuss a book in your creative and generic essay. Take into consideration all available ideas that may come in handy when completing this assignment. For example, teachers may ask you to write a literary analysis essay on Of Mice and Men because it’s one of the most popular modern novels assigned to students, especially in high schools. The main reason for its popularity is its unique form in addition to the issues that this story raises. If you find it hard to evaluate them in your academic paper, feel free to contact reputable freelance writers to benefit from their quality dissertation editing services that are fast and affordable.
- Absorb and brainstorm. To write a literary analysis with a greater depth, you need to enjoy reading this book and avoid concentrating on the writing process. Once this story is read, try to absorb and think about all major ideas presented by the author. It may take some time, and that’s why it’s advisable to start as early as possible.
- Pay attention to important book details. First, you need to include its author and title in your academic paper and answer a few basic questions. What did you line in this book the most? Is its title sound quite appealing? Try to describe the targeted audience why you decided on this story.
- Concentrate on significant setting and characters. It’s another important step when it comes to your writing a reflective essay, and answering detailed questions will help you. Where does the plot take place? What is it all about? What do you think about the main characters? When describing them in your literary essay, don’t forget to include their names and physical descriptions. To come up with an excellent and impressive book report, you need to provide readers with a detailed and interesting description.
- Give a different perspective. Try to think about major characters from a different perspective. For instance, you should show why they are as they are in this story and think outside the box to end up with fresh or original approaches.
- Take into account the right essay format. It will let you share important information about this book, but there are many ways that can be used to write your excellent Of Mice and Men character analysis essay. Keep in mind that most professors prefer to read a deeper analysis to see that their students has read this book and understood its major themes and ideas.
Simple and Effective Writing Tips
Create a helpful outline because it will be your road map. How to write a book review that is interesting to read and get higher grades? There are certain easy guidelines that will help you. Start with mentioning the author, title, and other basic details when it comes to your writing an essay introduction. Be sure to add other important details and discuss the main theme of this novel in a brief and catchy summary. You also need to write logical and creative paragraphs that describe its main purpose, characters, and plot. Besides, it’s necessary to stay well-organized when separating significant facts, writing topic sentences, using a descriptive language, and so on. Let’s take a look at these vital essay writing steps in detail.
- Start with writing a few sentences that describe the plot without revealing it too much or providing the audience with spoilers. The general rule that should be followed is trying to avoid writing all details onwards.
- Define the things you like about this story. To make an excellent research summary, you need to concentrate on your feelings and thoughts while answering basic questions. Who is your favorite character? Did the main characters feel real to you? What is your favorite part of this story? Did it make you cry or laugh?
- Describe anything you don’t like about this novel. You should explain to readers your point of view to avoid making false statements.
- Round up your book report. This means that all major thoughts should be summarized in a powerful manner. You also need to explain to the targeted audience why you recommend this book.
- Give your personal rating. For example, most students prefer to use a standard 10-mark system.
Suggested Of Mice and Men Analysis Essay Topics
- Do you know that the author wanted to give this story the other name? Do you agree that this title is more suitable for it? Why?
- When it comes to tragedies, the main character usually comes to a certain realization about the entire life as a result of suffering. Can you say the same thing for this novel?
- What do you think of the foreshadowing used by the author in this book?
- Choose any significant symbols used by the author and do your best to explain to readers its role. Focus on his descriptions of the nature.
- What is your opinion about the view of male relationships given in this story by Steinbeck?
- Make a brief and logical analysis of his portrayal of Curley and his wife.
- Take into consideration long descriptive passages at the beginning of all sections. You also need to discuss the ways in which this book is similar to theatrical plays. Do you think that these similarities improve its content? How?
- Pay attention to George’s actions in this story. How do you justify what he did to Lennie? Can you condemn it?
Examples of completed orders
More than 7 000 students trust us to do their work
90% of customers place more than 5 orders with us