1a) In your own words, identify the situation the business enterprise in your first research study wants to handle and the required outcome it wants to attain.
3M is the business which has experienced business for 100 years, in 1902, there are only five young enterprisers founded the Minnesota Mining and Making. In those days, actually the nutrient deposit proved to be bootless, so that they had to change the theory, they organized to buy in the useful mineral to development sandpaper, and their particular new idea and set up the foundations for the company, in order to development the business to this present day. At the beginning, the business is unreliable, so 3M has maintained a movement of groundbreaking innovations to accomplish their goals, today, and the company has more than 50, 000 different products, the consumer markets tend to be than 200 countries worldwide.
1b) Within your own words, identify the problem the business in your second case study wishes to address and the required outcome it wants to attain.
Heinz looked the existing portfolio, including products such as Heinz tomato soup, cooked beans, tomato ketchup etc, and sat back again to exploit these brands that have been yielding time on year earnings progress. However, Heinz decided to look to the future, expanding new skills with a solid external concentration in 1997 for dealing with step change creativity. In the summer of 1996, an creativity firm organizes new ideas: producing new product which really meets the needs of today's consumers and launching a Heinz culture of development. And the invention must be implemented as a means of life.
2. Advancement strategies-critical analysis
2a) within your own words, critically assess the role of creativity and technology strategies and techniques in your first business case study.
1. invention ideas: From 3M Company, we can know that impressive organizations are extremely important, what is the consumer needs, and then develop appropriate products, design it, post-it, and deliver it. Changing the new ideas into commercial simple fact and building a strong lasting business is one of the company'sinnovations. 3M focuses on finding the sensible way to help customers succeed.
2. strategy team: through the 20th century the company went on to build a strong capability in developing technology, working closely with customers to foresee and understand their needs, the business's strong culture of creativity enabled it to attain many breakthroughs. The business's culture is the typical pattern of associations and behaviours with a business, people have liberty to explore new ideas with an environment that tolerated errors. Understands and manages the risk included, a complete list of brainstormed ideas can help analyzed to agree what's possible, like broaden their thinking and encourage good ideas, asking groups of men and women to create ideas or questions.
3. Research and development: discovering new knowledge about products, procedures and services, and then applying that knowledge to make new and improved products, functions, and services that complete market needs.
4. Innovative design: theCompany'sidea is determined by manager's style. They shipped what they were proficient at producing, somewhat than what customers needed, and offer customer focused solutions, provide products make as well. They actually many research and find out what's customer' need as well as how to meet their needs. In order to avoid the competitor backup, urgency and swiftness are crucial; 3M has many types of developers to ensure it identifies services with significant potential and allocates resources to commercialize them faster
2b) in your own words, critically assess the outcomes attained by those strategies and actions in your first case study.
1. Commercializing ideas requires many stages including priorities ideas, make a prototype, manufacture the merchandise, market the product and generate sales, each one of these are make the company greatest prospect of growth and profitability.
2. Intellectual property protection under the law, this ensures that 3M can put resources into commercializing the theory without concern with another company copying it.
3. Accelerating invention, it is targeted on finding new customer-driven applications for existing 3M systems, to find new ideas to grow sales, are a small adaptable, highly encouraged team. The team is encourage idea-generation, commercialize product within 3 to 6 months, and priorities ideas against standard criteria.
4. 3M recognizes that commercial program it more important than technology itself. And the company created a fresh technology to reduce cost.
2c) in your own words, critically evaluate the role of creativity and invention strategies and techniques in your next business case study.
1. Creativity team: a team in the business formulated for the purpose of creating invention for the organization. People makes great innovation, who want to make things happen, who produce and accept new ideas, putting new ideas into practice which is not just talk. Encourage people more practice, because inability is an unavoidable part of change and this much can be learned from inability.
2. Research and development: find out the buyer demand and methods of reducing development and circulation costs. It is a sensible way to measure the risk. Creating insurance plan and new ideas will always be based on tuning in alternatively than careful planning, so assembly play a vital role in this aspect.
3. Strategy team: creating an technology culture, like ground breaking culture, working culture, learn about the personnel's perceptions of the chance. Changing the innovation, remove some of the obstacles to innovation and turn the organization and its culture around, give more time and encouragement to create the new idea. New consumer research techniques are being employed, making communication with consumers easier and quicker, increasing the working environment, to make it more conductive to imagination.
4. RECRUITING Office: individuals and teams should contribute ideas to the folder, which gives a central collection point for ideas with the business. Employees' suggestions are extremely important, because brainstorming lessons and work with consumers and other exterior sources, many of the ideas being researched have been submitted by employees so it is essential that the ideas and products do meet true consumer needs and objectives. Heinz is carrying on to extend creativity skills training across all functions of the company, and the working environment has been made more environment has been made more conductive to creativity by the launch of creative imagination areas.
1. Launching change, change the best way to make employees produce new ideas, get more information from the employees and customers, in order to make every action will be effectively.
2. Training the all functions skills and make the working environment more conductive to ingenuity.
3. create 2-5 products, on the nine month period, learning which one are really needs for the client and marketable. Tactics make the effect.
3. Critical analysis-comparison
Compare and distinction the technology techniques of the two businesses.
1a) 3M: discover what customer want and then provide customer targeted solutions, decide what you are proficient at producing and then provide products you make well. Encourage good idea and complete list of brainstormed ideas. Invention is the heart of how 3M operates; the business has an entrepreneurial culture that induces people's ingenuity maintained by a organised development process. The business now is focused on retaining momentum in more and more tough markets to complement its success of the last century.
2b) Heinz: the Heinz development case study has an interesting example of the way in which an established group can improve to cope efficiently with the strong organizational environment. Corporation must take risks-constantly re-inventing themselves to be more dynamic and responsive to change. They need to be prepared to pay attention to customers and employees who are most touching processes within the business. Evidently, some new steps used by the business will fail but others will lead to the best wins, which secure the long term prosperity of the business. Success depends on taking imaginative risks and carefully managing strategy with madness.