CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONS
1. Sri Lanka has a growing tourism industry. After independence in 1948 Sri Lanka Is constantly on the attract foreign shareholders and visitor to the island. The hospitality is one of the main elements of the travel and leisure industry. It includes hospitality unit such as restaurant, hotels, parks there servers, house keepers, porters, kitchen workers, , management, marketing and recruiting, person who is employed in this field is very much important and employed in direct contact with customer. Now travel and leisure has become a popular global leisure activity. Currently tourism is a major income source for many countries. Sri Lanka is the 6 th greatest foreign exchange earning country to the current economic climate.
2. Present circumstance in Sri Lanka is that female contribution approximately half of the population of Sri Lanka. Woman play a vital role in the Sri Lanka current economic climate and those current economic climate sectors will be the backbone of the top secretors of the overall economy such as plantation, garment, manufacture industry and migrant staff. As a whole unemployment rate is higher in females than guys. According to employees with university certifications is concerned 48% of them were feminine in 2012. Those with the advance level qualification also same.
2. In Sri Lanka employment of woman in tourism industry is very less. You can find many reasons that have effected. to less participation in travel and leisure industry.
16. Tourism industry is one of the quickest growing industry throughout the market in Sri Lanka. It comes with an purpose reach its goal of 2. 5 million holiday introduction by 2016. Tourism industry has observed a rapid development after 30 years civil war in north and east. Vacationer appearance has doubled through the period and expanding travel and leisure industry.
17. To attain the expected accomplishment the industry may face many difficulties such as superior service expectations, increasing room capacity including conditions of the room, more trained trained staff, the amount of trained hospitality personnel. They are insufficient to meet up with the needs of a growing industry. Because of that there surely is an immediate requeipment to determine new training institution, encourage current employs to acquire higher qualification multi skill development. In so doing those would improve the skilled workers, there by enhancing the service benchmarks in the industry.
MAIN KNOWN REASONS FOR LAW DEGREE OF LABOUR FORCE Contribution OF FEMALE
18. There are some significant reasons which affect to the less female participation in the tourism industry:
a. Friendly and ethnic situation in Sri Lanka.
b. Limited range of skills that obtained by females and they have lead to regulation skilled occupations in travel and leisure industry.
c. Lack of knowle of handling of foreign language
d. lack of professional knowledge which necessary for tourism industry.
e. Within the labor market there is inequitable gender department. This inequitable situation still represent in the labor market.
f. In a few occasion the demand for legislation cost feminine labor.
g. Multiple or duel work of the female, family responsibility and reproductive role
h. In Sri Lanka there is a tendency to laws participations in decision making process.
iIn travel and leisure industry discrimination in the task environment may be one of the reason behind less involvement.
j. No flexible hours has allocated for female.
18. On heading mega project in the hotel sector will expecte to raise to attain the targeted holiday arrivals. The continuing collaboration between the talk about and private sector would be necessary for the lasting development of the travel and leisure industry.
19. Tourism industry provides formal and informal opportunities for females. It could significantly effect on poverty reduction in rural community.
19. Employment of woman in the various areas in the Sri Lanka it is more similar to male and female. When it come to the tourism industry there's a less female contribution. It was account that reasons of this situation are social and ethnical situation in Sri Lanka, professional certification, vocabulary problem.
20. Tourism reveals borth opportunities and challengers for gender equality and women empowerment. How ever before less attention has been paid to the unequal ways in which the benefits of tourism are allocated between men and female especially in the developing world. In today's world it is indicating to examine the scope to which travel and leisure is evolving the needs of ladies in the developing world. Now a day it offers potential to be a vehicle for the empowerment of female in developing region.
21. In order to support the introduction of travel and leisure industry it is clear that woman can add more. There should have professional female to perform such a job in travel and leisure industry effectively.
22. There are a few challengers female are facing in travel and leisure. Female are often law status laws paid and treasured job in tourism industry. Women manly have a tendency to perform job such as food preparation, clearing and hospitality. much vacationer occupation is seasonal and fluctuates. Regarding to volatile character of the industry. In some spots the links have been found between travel and leisure and the gender industry which could make women more susceptible to erotic exploitation.
23. On earth we've many examples and encounters for female job in travel and leisure industry. Country like Malaysia, Singapore, Maldives, Turkey, those countries have significantly more employment of female in the tourism field and the ones countries have more development on tourism industry.
22. Though present condition of the feminine employment in tourism industry is less, occupation of the female can enhance an improved development of the travel and leisure industry. There are many vacancies for female to execute in this industry. Career of more girl in tourism industry can be develop the industry as well as development of overall economy.
1. Increasing of formal training.
2. It really is clear that there is no that much of female has involved with management level to the it should have same programs to get involve female to travel and leisure industry and aggressive recruitment of women at the management level.
3. There are a few organizations which have inspired with same hurdle and really should make it as a adaptable way and rules and regulation of union also should be very versatile.
4. There are several circumstances that ladies are not able to perform their job anytime for that Adaptable hours and scheduling should be imposed for females.
5. Allowing more autonomy in the integration of work and home responsibility.
6. Many tourism related occupation aren't allowed pension because of this Pensions after retirement life should be implemented.
7. Increase awareness of the important financial role that girls play in the tourism industry.
8. Strengthen legal coverage for ladies in tourism employment such cover include minimum wage regulations and similar pay laws and regulations.
9. Improve maternity leave need, flexile houses, work from options and design for childcare.
10. Providing appropriate training and resources to aid women's companies.
11. Promote women's contribution in tourism education and training and improve the educational level of women already working in different regions of the industry via a targeted and strategic program of action.
12. Support women's tourism leadership at all levels open public sector private sector and community management by creating management programs at the nationwide level and in large and small scale tourism industries.
13Ensure that women's contribution to the community development is properly accepted and work by monitoring tourism activities carried out in the house hold and locally.
14. Ask the federal government, the international community civil society organizations and the private sector to task women's privileges in tourism and also to monitor improvement in the work of women through travel and leisure.
15. Researcher implies to implement pursuing for the government in order to build up travel and leisure in Sri Lanka.
a. Action should be taken to encourage female to employ in travel and leisure industry to raised contribution to industry.
b. Introduce some effective courses to enhance professional knowledge of employees in a variety of field in tourism industry.
c. Government should implement law with refer to travel and leisure industry specially for employees.
d. Encourage small industry to generate effective enterprise to produce indirect job opportunity.