When studying mathematics, one of the most difficult topics that students have to deal with is the one that covers factors, the methodology of their usage, their specificities and properties, etc. Very often students have to complete assignments on mathematics asking to solve the problem requiring the usage of the factoring calculator. Among these mathematics problems there are those which require transforming of different kind of complex expressions into a specific set of factors, that are much simpler than original product. On the one hand, it is possible to solve a mathematics problem of such kind only by means of usage your brain, since this is how this problem was solved when there were no such thing as factoring calculator. On the other hand, however, solving such mathematical problems is much easier with the help of a factoring calculator. If you know how to use the factoring calculator appropriately, it will help you a lot, save your time and efforts. In addition, the usage of the factoring calculator gives you a guarantee that the answer to the assigned mathematics problem is correct, which is very important if you need a good mark. In this article, you will learn how to use the factoring calculator, as well as some interesting facts about the chapter in mathematics dealing with the study of factors.
A factoring calculator is a specific device that is discovered with the purpose of automatic transforming of different complex expressions into a set of simple numbers that can be easily multiplied together for getting another numbers. Numbers of this kind are called factors. In other words, the term «factor» describes a particular element representing information about effects or result, as well as indicating a certain multiple, amount, etc. In mathematics, factors can have the following meanings, each of which is used depending on what kind of aspect in mathematics you are dealing with:
- A certain variable in a form of a symbol representing particular quantity in an expression, that is usually used in the area of mathematics, but can also be used in the studies of other sciences.
- A mathematical expression in the form of a set of numbers indicating particular value.
- A kind of relationship between a pair of numbers representing the amount of times when the first number in the given pair contains the other one. As a rule, this kind of relationship is usually represented as percentage.
- A number that serves to separate that or another given number and divide it into a set of other numbers.
- A couple or more mathematical expressions that are multiplied between each other.
Having said that, when dealing with one of the above mentioned meanings of factor, keep in mind what purpose the given factor serves for. Depending on the purpose, you can do that or another operations with factors with the help of the factoring calculator. It can cope with functions and expressions of different level of complexity, beginning with such as polynomials with different amount of variables. The factoring calculator is very helpful to use when undertaking the first step in solving mathematics equation, but at the same time, you can use it for dealing with a wide range of operations, until you get your equation solved. In addition the factoring calculator can help in case if you need to compute the divisibility of a mathematics equation in order to figure out what the lowest denominator is, as well as to find the biggest common divisor of a couple of given equations. Below, we provided an understandable guide that will help you deal with the factoring calculator, if you don't have much experience in this area yet.
How to use the factoring calculator
As a matter of fact, there is a wide range of various calculators dealing with factors on the internet. They may have different mechanisms, but all of them are used with similar purpose and the usage of all of them requires undertaking the same steps and following the same rules. When you plug in the provided in the assignment expression into the factoring calculator, it will instantly simplify the expression that you plugged in by means of manipulating with the data that you entered. It will expand the multiplication and combine, while attempting to the element of the expression and indicating the difference between two different trinomials of the given factors. In any case, in order to use the correct answer to the mathematics problem provided in your assignment with the help of the factoring calculator, follow the rules provided below carefully.
- When dealing with symbols indicating the quantity in that or another mathematical expression, you may use lowercase letters, which are completely appropriate to use as variables.
- When dealing with exponents of different numbers indicating how many times to operate with the number within the multiplication, you may use such sign as ^. For instance, in case if you have to demonstrate that some number has to be multiplied twice, all you need is to write it down in the following form: x^2, where x will serve to indicate certain number. As a matter of fact, it is not necessarily that exponents should be located on the numbers, but keep this information in mind.
- As for the usage of parentheses and brackets, you need to be very careful when distinguishing them one from another. They are usually used when it is necessary to put terms into categories as it is often done when dealing with standard mathematics equations.
- Such operations as subtraction, multiplication and addition within the factoring calculator require the usage of such symbols as +, -,*. At the same time, you can ignore the usage of them in some cases. For example, if you need to multiply x by three, you can just write 3x and this will mean the same.
- The order of operations of calculators for dealing with factors is always standard. It is the same as if you were dealing with solving that or another mathematics problem on your own and it is described in most of textbooks on mathematics. The standard order of operation foresees the usage of parentheses first of all, them exponents, the next is multiplication and division and finally, comes the usage of subtraction and addition.
These are the common rules that you have to follow when using the factoring calculator. So basically, you will have to plug the provided in the assignment mathematics problem in the factoring calculator box, check out the variety of available solvers, figure out which solver is appropriate to deal with your kind of mathematical problem and click the answer bottom. After this, you will get the ready correct answer almost instantly. Once you learn how to use the factoring calculator, you will understand how convenient it is and how it may help you in your studies. You will not only save you time and efforts, but also will know for sure that your answer is absolutely correct and there will be no need to worry about it. At the same time, not only being able to solve your mathematic problem with the help of calculator is important, but first of all, to know and understand the methodology of solving such problems without using any additional help. Below in the article, we provided you with guidelines explaining how to deal with factors and problems related to them on your own. Keep reading attentively.
How to find the scale factor
Now that you know how to use the factoring calculator, let us figure out how to deal with your assignment without it. You are going to learn how to find the scale factor between a couple of given shapes. It is quite an easy function of mathematics requiring undertaking of a number of steps, which are provided below.
- First of all, you will have to do operations with the length of the sides by dividing the bigger one by the smaller one. Look at the given figures and figure out is there a couple of sides, which are characterized by measurements.
- Write down a fraction by setting the defined sides. You will need to use the longer side of the figure as the numerator and the smaller side of the figure will serve as the denominator. In other words, you are going to deal with dividing the longer side of the figure by its smaller side.
- The next step you will need to undertake is simplifying. There are two ways to deal with it. The first one is dividing the numerator indicating the smaller side of the figure by denominator indicating the larger side. The second way is to reduce the received fraction to the simplified form, which is going to be smallest.
- After that, you will have to check the received answer and write it down. In order to check the received answer, you will need to apply it to the rest of the sides of the given figures, in case if the rest of the sides are also provided with marked measurements.
- Make sure that the other couples of corresponding sides tend to reduce to the similar scale factor. If they do, it means that the answer you got is correct.
In order to find the perimeter scale factor, there is also a set of essential steps to undertake. All of these steps you can find below:
- Look for the linear scale factor. In order to do this, you will need to figure out a couple of corresponding sides between the pair of figures that are similar. Then you will have to divide the larger side in the pair by the smaller side. Once you received the answer, you need to simplify it and make it smaller.
- The next step will be to multiply the linear scaling factor with the given corresponding side. Here, in order to figure out what the value of the unknown side is, you need to multiply the side that is provided with marked measurement by the linear scaling factor.
- Now you will have to write the received answer down. This is how you will know the value of the side that you were looking for. You can just write down this data in your textbook or you can also use it when looking for the perimeter of the figure, the side of which you didn't know. Finally, you will need to write your answer including the measurements that you have.
Looking for the area scale factor
This mathematics problem also foresees undertaking of a set of steps, the description of which is provided below.
- At first, you need to look for the linear scale factor. You need to define the couple of corresponding sides located between the couple of two figures with the same measurements. Here, you need to divide the bigger side by the smaller one and after that, to simplify the answer.
- The next step will be to square the linear scaling factor. Both of the directions should have the same measurement in the form of the area, which means that you have to square the linear scaling factor to the number indicating those directions. Dealing with this will help you get the needed area.
- Now you will have to multiply the number indicating the area scaling factor that you've got from the previous step with the smaller area. In case if you are provided with the measurement of the area of the smaller figure, you will be able to calculate the area of the larger figure by multiplying the known area by the area scaling factor.
- After that, you will have to write down the answer. Check the received answer and make sure it is correct. Remember using ^, the symbol indicating the squared unit of measurement.
In case if you need assistance with mathematics assignments or with any other discipline, consider professional services.
Writing services for students
Examples of completed orders
More than 7 000 students trust us to do their work
90% of customers place more than 5 orders with us