Astral Projection is a mindful attempt to experience being outside of one's physical human body, while being both alive and ideally awake at the time. It is an effort to truly have a manipulated OOBE or (out of body experience). It is not linked in any way to ritualistic magic and does not rely on any particular religious or idea system. You will discover techniques for achieving an OOBE. As yet I haven't heard of it being at all dangerous. However wanting to leave one's physical body under the influence of medication or hallucinogenic drugs is seriously not recommended!
What happens when people Astral Job?
They have what's commonly known as an OOBE or out of body experience in which a 'part' of these, whether it is the soul or consciousness, goes up up from their physical body and either travels on the physical plane or on the astral planes.
What is the astral aircraft?
A subject of issue: The astral planes however can be likened to the Akasha, specifically a location where all the thoughts, recollections, fantasies and dreams of everybody in the world are present. The astral aircraft is regarded as a fantastic place to travel in, numerous different tourists, entities and levels to it. It is stated to operate at a higher regularity than the physical planes we inhabit.
It is thought that the etheric body, soul or head can travel on the astral plane, which is thought to appear more solid than the physical plane most of us inhabit, this is because in order to travel it, the etheric body has to be existing and working at the same higher regularity. According for some the astral aircraft is far more mutable than the physical and can be improved and altered simply by the energy of thought.
Can people figure out how to Astral Job at will?
Yes there are techniques that can be discovered but what degree of success is achieved relies solely upon the individual.
Why would anyone want to have an Astral Projection?
· Some individuals find it reassuring. If it's easy for your awareness to exist outside of the body, then it is also possible that your awareness may be able to survive physical fatality.
· Some individuals like to use the technique for religious reasons, maybe wanting to be at one with the universe or for a few religious reason.
· Some individuals like to try it, simply to demonstrate that it can't be done - a poor approach.
· Some individuals like to utilize it for his or her own ends. They use it as an instrument for clairvoyance to leave their physiques and go and seek out information or even spy. The CIA set up tests to see if people could leave their systems to glean information from the foe. The CIA did it because they were persuaded that the Russians were carrying it out. There term for this kind of Astral Projection is named Remote Looking at. After merged success and perhaps a lack of funding the job was eventually forgotten. We don't know how the Russians fared.
· Some people want to check it out just because they can try it and they would like to see what it feels as though.
Who first uncovered Astral Projection?
· The historic Egyptians were possibly main cultures to record beliefs about the heart and soul. Hieroglyphics in tombs registered hundreds of prayers which were to be said over the body of the deceased to guide the spirit coming. They assumed that the heart and soul ba was housed in a spirit body the Ka an exact fake of the physical body. This on fatality provided way to the sahu the true spirit body that could house the ba forever. In life the Ka and sahu were one of the same however the ka slowly diminished until only the sahu housed the ba. However the Egyptians also believed that the Ka could leave the body during life and drew pictures of folks sleeping using their Kas or souls floating above them. This is nearly the same as the modern day descriptions of NDE's (Near Fatality Encounters). Here the spirit leaves your body at the point of death and then returning again if the individual is resuscitated.
· The Tibetans believe in the bardo body, which can leave the physical body while still alive and can also pass through physical matter since it is constructed of psychic materials. The bardo body can be directed wherever by will.
· Ancient Greeks presumed in a 'dual body', which housed the spirit. Plato presumed that the spirit was freed on fatality but may possibly also leave the body during life so when it did it identified the physical world as dimly lit.
· "Dean Sheils, in research published in the Journal of the World for Psychical Research in 1978 'A Cross-cultural Analysis of Values in Out of Body Activities', likened the believe systems of over 60 different cultures and found that fifty four of these had some idea of astral projection or astral travel and this half of them had also thought that it's easy for this to happen consciously even though alive. Almost 50 % claimed that certain members of the cultures could do this at will. Only three civilizations seemed to haven't any concepts or beliefs about this subject matter. Those that have seemed to recognize it as a normal and natural part of human being living. " Source: (A Beginners Guide to Astral Projection by Richard Trend - Hodder & Stoughton 1999 - ISBN: 0340 737557
What does indeed modern science make of it?
A man called Raymond A. Moody PhD. M. D. is often thought as the father of NDEs and has written a very popular publication 'Life after Life' on the subject. Corresponding to Richard Craze in his publication 'A Beginners Guide to Astral Projection' over the last 45 years there has been a more methodical approach taken. The first major research was done in 1951 was by someone called Muldoon and Carrington. They accumulated and collated over 100 cases of OOBEs. They discovered that their research does point out a 'twin' that can live consciously outside the physical body and this could also survive the loss of life of the average person. Richard Crookhall has also written many books on astral projection, and he declares lots of recurrent designs.
What are these repeated themes?
· Some form of double.
· A white light or illumination.
· Capability to travel at will.
· Inability to go or use physical objects.
· Thoughts of tranquility and detachment.
· A 'clear' consciousness of what's happening.
· A feeling of realness.
How is an OOBE probably to be brought about?
· With a NDE credited to health problems or exhaustion.
· By an NDE scheduled to incident.
· Deliberately by people seeking to leave their physical body.
· By the application of drugs such as anesthetics.
· By injury or surprise.
What do the sceptics think?
· It is purely a state of mind explained by complicated chemical reaction.
· An autoscopic hallucination.
· Cerebral anoxia or insufficient oxygen to the brain.
How common is the phenomena?
· Possibly between 5 and 10% of the populace, which implies around 6 million in the U. K or up to 30 million in america.
Have there been accounts of people witnessing OOBE people while they were 'out'?
· Yes, which escalates the possibility that OOBE's are not purely 'methods of the brain'.
How various kinds of OOBE is there?
· Two - voluntary and involuntary, one consists of a conscious work to leave ones body where the 'double' is almost never or only faintly seen; and involuntary, say through an accident or stress where the 'two times' is usually seen.
What is a typical OOBE?
· A typical OOBE only usually happens once in an eternity.
· Most often occurs prone either resting or just before sleeping.
· There is a sense of floating or soaring, usually upwards.
· It is mostly adult women who experience the happening although if you are a student you are even more likely to do so.
· An average case suggests some type of link with the physical body, possibly by using a silver cord.
· You can find few reported circumstances of leaving the room, but there is a sense of realness and observing the normal world.
· Thoughts of pleasantness, detachment and calmness often accompany an OOBE.
· The individual feels that the experience is real and even though they feel the capability to go anywhere they rarely wish to do it.
· No potential or desire to improve or move physical items in their vicinity.
Who has OOBEs?
· Many women and generally students probably due to their lifestyle and passions. They are more likely to have heard about OOBEs and possibly more keen to check it out.
Are OOBEs simply a form of thinking?
· Not at all because the sense of certainty experienced is far too strong.
· Scientific results show that folks undergoing OOBEs aren't dreaming and they're not experiencing REM. Briefly, alpha waves lower indicating a calm status and beta waves increase indicating that the volunteer is awake. There can be an increase in center and respiration rates recommending the existence of some stimulus or activity.
Are OOBEs like NDEs?
· An NDE or Near Loss of life Experience is actually simply a different form of OOBE that is caused whenever a person is at the point of death or maybe 'perished'. It really is more comparable to passing over to the other side, finding one's life display before them and vacationing down a dark or light tunnel towards the light, God or whatever you intend to call it.
What is a typical NDE?
· Individuals who are seriously ill hear themselves being declared dead, upon which a series of events are brought on, such as moving quickly down a tunnel and reading unfamiliar sounds.
· They end up by the end of the tunnel and can usually see their own body being done by medical staff.
· They sense that they have a kind of 'body' somewhat dissimilar to the the one which they left out and also notice deceased friends and family approaching to help them mix to the other side.
· They article an entity or being of light that plays their life review and every second that they have lived, however, not judgmentally.
· The beings of light are always referred to as filled with love.
· They are generally told to return to their body which their time on earth is not yet over. Often there is a reluctance to return.
· On the return they find words difficult to express the magnitude of the experience that they experienced.
· There views on life after fatality, tend to be radically improved and fear of death will diminish.
How various kinds of NDE are there?
· You will discover two - PNDEs (perceived NDEs, where the person has a suspicion they are about to expire) and UNDEs (unexpected NDEs, where in fact the person is quite surprised to end up in a close to death situation).
Is the knowledge the same for both?
· No PNDEs tend to be associated with an followed journey with deceased loved ones to another world with another 'body' replacing the one left behind. UNDEs are associated more with in close proximity to fatal falls, electric shocks or drowning to elicit a reply. From here the individual usually has a flashback of their life combined with feelings of pleasure or peace. There are not usually reports of the 'body' instead thoughts of just being that the person becomes real thought or mind. There is often a sudden go back to their physical body.
Is Astral Projection a favorite subject on your website?
Yes - my monitoring software suggests that it's very popular.
Do you have worthwhile reference sources?
Yes - please visit my website and view astral projection additionally see below.
Sources: Any excerpts for this FAQ section taken from a reserve by >Richard Craze - A Beginners Guide to Astral Projection by Hodder & Stoughton 1999 - ISBN: 0340 737557
College of Psychic Studies
International Connection for Near Death Studies
Life After Life - Raymond A. Moody PhD. M. D.
Near Death Encounters HYPERLINK "http://www. near-death. com/"&HYPERLINK "http://www. near-death. com/" The Afterlife
Society for Psychical Research