If you’re asked by teachers to write a quality book report, remember that it’s not just about summarizing because this process also involves presenting your opinion and critical discussion about a particular book. As a student, you need to combine your analytical and accurate reading with a personal and strong response to submit a good apa paper and get high grades. It’s necessary to describe what you read, analyze how a story serves its basic purpose, and express any arguments or reactions from your unique perspective. There are certain steps involved in this process, so you need to take them to come up with an impressive paper, or think about using a professional paper writing service. Browse the Internet for freelance academic authors who will help you fast and at quite affordable rates.
- Read the chosen book and take important notes. If it’s possible read it a few times to get a better understanding of all ins and outs involved. Write down basic notes or use a voice recorder to remember all impressions and thoughts. You shouldn’t organize them perfectly at this stage because your main goal is to brainstorm all possible ideas about this book.
- Define its genre and field of study. Think about how this story fits a particular genre and field of study and use available sources to research this subject.
- Determine the most important themes. It’s all about certain lessons or messages that readers need to learn between the lines. Themes can be fundamental and universal ideas, and authors can present a few ones at once, especially when it comes to fiction books. When writing your creative essays, focus on interesting quotes, prefaces, references, and other similar elements because they will help you define the major theme. Try to sum up a book in only one word to achieve the same goal.
- Think about authors’ writing styles. Do they suit the book’s targeted audience? Remember that authors can present their different viewpoints and you need to identify them easily.
- Define how well authors develop important book areas or points. What areas are not covered? Why? You should locate existing gaps in character development and timeframe to start thinking critically while noticing all well-developed elements to end up with the right book report essay format.
- Make notes of book format and pay attention to such elements as its binding, layout, typography, and others. If authors provide secondary materials, including charts, maps, and drawings, determine if they support a major theme.
- Consider all literary devices used. When writing about fiction books, decide how their plot structure is developed and take notes of the plot, settings, symbols, characters, and so on.
- How unique is this book? Can it add anything new? Does its author try to expand or challenge existing genre rules?
- Assess whether this literary work is successful. That’s because all excellent book report essays must serve a specific purpose and help their authors achieve specific goals.
Writing the First Essay Draft
- Start with a good heading. It should include important bibliographic information, such as the book’s title and author.
- Write a catchy introduction. Make sure that it can grab readers’ attention at once and inform them about your basic idea. This essay section should contain relevant information, including the author’s backgrounds. You need to know how to make a thesis to come up with an interesting introduction to provide readers with a better understanding of the chosen theme. You can include matching anecdotes, historical moments, or any other intriguing statement to make them keep reading your essay. If you feel stuck with writing an introduction, take care of other sections before you return to this task, as this is what will help you organize all thoughts logically.
- Write a summary of this book. This means that you need to describe its main points and themes, but make sure that it’s short and informative. Use a quality book report essay example to get a better idea of how to write this essay section. You should use interesting quotes, but make sure that they are cited correctly to avoid plagiarism. Describe the book’s narrative voice, settings, and plot while providing readers with your critical analysis. However, you shouldn’t give away all important details at once or reveal the book’s ending.
- Evaluate and review. It’s advisable to be as clear and direct as you can to analyze the story while using supporting passages to reinforce your point of view.
- Wrap up your essay. Write a clear and interesting conclusion that usually consists of a few logical sentences and sums up the ideas discussed in other sections. Make sure that it follows naturally and your critical position is well-argued. You also need to evaluate both strong and weak sides of the book and decide if you want to recommend it to others. This is what differentiates this academic assignment from others, such as a science paper. Remember that introducing any new material in your conclusion is a poor idea.
- Proofread and improve. This step should be taken because the first draft of your essay may not be as good as you want, so you need to reread and enhance it. Be sure to check both spelling and grammar to fix all mistakes in addition to ensuring that all references and quotes are cited correctly. Finally, you can ask other people, including your friends, to read and evaluate this paper before submitting it to benefit from a second opinion.
Examples of completed orders
More than 7 000 students trust us to do their work
90% of customers place more than 5 orders with us